Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

shahinfooladray
Journeyman III

Weird display with Radeon HD 8500M

Dear Community,

I hope you are doing great.

I have an Asus laptop with Radeon HD 8500M and R5 graphics as display drivers. The problem that I have is that, in some interfaces such as Office Excel ribbon or even Windows programs like Windows Settings, I get a glithy/weird display as shown in the snapshot below.

I believe the problem is with Radeon HD 8500M because when I disable this driver in device manager, the problem is solved. However, I get other problems with a disabled driver. I think I have the latest drivers for this type with Adrenalin Software.

I would really appreciate you help.

excel01.PNG

0 Likes
14 Replies

Which APU do you have?

0 Likes

Processor: AMD A9-9410 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C + 3G, 2900 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processors

I am not sure if this is what you asked about

0 Likes

With laptop APU's you do not update the graphics...you update the APU. This updates both graphics chips.

https://www.amd.com/en/support

Screenshot_11.png

Correct drivers: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a9-series-apu-for-laptops/7th-gen-a9-94...

0 Likes

I have installed the same Adrenaline software as you mentioned, but it seems to update the display drivers and not the APU/CPU.

Is there a specific setting or part of the software I should go to to update the APU?

0 Likes

It updates everything. What makes you think that?

0 Likes

Which graphics chip are you assigning those programs to? It probably should be the integrated graphics..not the discrete.

Screenshot_6.png

0 Likes

Unfortunately, it seems that I don't have that option.

10.JPG

0 Likes

Try it on power saving

0 Likes

It didn't work in any of the three options
0 Likes

Look in Device Manager/display...any yellow error marks?

0 Likes

It didn't work in any of the three options

0 Likes

Look in Device Manager/display...any yellow error marks?

0 Likes

Everything seems to be ok there

152.JPG

0 Likes

I would really appreciate any further help.

0 Likes