cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Sebastiannox98
Journeyman III

Vulkan crashing (probably) in doom eternal (and who knows what other games but for now just this)

This is something that has been happening to me since i bought the game, i remember testing it on game pass for like a few hours a couple of years ago when i had a gtx 1060 and this didnt happen, theres no warning, theres no "not responding" in the task manager, the game just freezes with music and sound effects still going, i can alt tab the game and kill it from task manager but still, is pretty weird, reinstalling it only solves the issue for a while and just goes back to freezing after like a few minutes of playing. No other game gives me this issue and no one in the support channel in the official doom eternal discord nor reddit or even techsupport forums know why this is happening, i wanna think this is a vulkan issue since this is the only related term i find for people with this same issue

Im currently runing the latest driver of adrenaline software

• gpu: rx 6600
  • ram: 16gb
  • cpu: intel i5-8400
  • MOBO: asus tuf z390-plus wifi with the latest bios driver (the game was already having this issues before the update)
  • the monitor (144hz with g-sync and freesync) is plugged to my gpu with a displayport cable.

And no, disabling computing, lowering the setting and the vsync doesnt work either.

0 Likes
0 Replies