cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Xistral
Journeyman III

VR headset screen crashes

Hi, I have a 5600x and 7800xt. Meta Quest 2 connected to usb port 3.2. All drivers and oculus OS up-to-date. The vr headset screen suddenly crashes. It doesn´t matter which game is running, in oculus link menu itself it already crashes.

Sometimes I can have sessions of several hours playing and sometimes it crashes continuosly.

I´m desperate, I´ve sent more than 20 bug reports with my email to AMD but they don´t answered me.

I have tried changing the cable, changing the usb port, disabling the automatic shutdown of usbs in windows and many more things but the problem continues. Please I need help.

I attach several images of what I see through the vr headset when the crash happens. In one photo you can see that the processor and graphic card were below 60% of their maximum performance.

Sorry for my bad english, thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution
Lordubuntu
Adept I

Hi, the problem are the drivers. The latest one 24.7.1 happen to crash with both h264 and h265 codecs.

In order to solve the problem you have to (unfortunately) downgrade to 23.12.1 drivers.

Use DDU or AMD cleanup utility first and remove the actual drivers, then install those

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-23-12-1

Let me know if you resolved the problem

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Lordubuntu
Adept I

Hi, the problem are the drivers. The latest one 24.7.1 happen to crash with both h264 and h265 codecs.

In order to solve the problem you have to (unfortunately) downgrade to 23.12.1 drivers.

Use DDU or AMD cleanup utility first and remove the actual drivers, then install those

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-23-12-1

Let me know if you resolved the problem

0 Likes

Thank you so much for your reply. I´ll try the new 24.8.1 version and if the problem still continues I´ll follow your guide. I´ll let you now the results.

Thanks for your advice.

0 Likes

Yes, your advice has been the solution but now new problems have appeared due to drivers downgrade. Many apps can´t run and simple browsing trough system folders sometimes does weird things.

Abusing your kindness I´m going to ask you several questions:

What do you think would be the best solution? Have the drivers updated and change them to 23.12.1 when I connect the VR headset?

Do you think that everyone with Quest 2 and AMD graphics card have the same problem?

I´m planning to swap out the Quest 2 for another VR headset that connects directly to displayport. Do you think same problem would still happen?

Or would the best solution simply be to switch to an Nvidia graphics card?

Excuse so many questions and my overconfidence but your answer have been the only effective solution that I´ve found after many attempts. Thank you very much for your time and generosity.

0 Likes