cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

karonow
Journeyman III

Vivado 2023.1 gets stuck in initial batch files

I just used the "Xilinx_Unified_2023.1_0507_1903_Win64.exe" Windows installer to install the 2023.1 version of the Vivado_Lab software.  The installer reported that this was successful.  However, when I try to invoke any of the software, it gets stuck in one of the batch files (which then opens in an editor).  The same thing happens if I then try to uninstall one of the programs that I just loaded--it won't run, and a batch file opens.  I turned off my anti-Virus program during the program download and installation process.  Previously, I tried to install a more full version of Vivado 2023.1, with identical results.  Thoughts??

0 Likes
4 Replies

You want to go to the dedicated support site, https://www.xilinx.com/support.html

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
SummitChaser
Adept I

Try running Vivado_Lab as an administrator. Also, check the installation path for special characters or spaces, and ensure your environment variables are set correctly. If problems persist, reinstall the software with antivirus and firewall turned off, as they might be interfering.
0 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions--however none of these worked.  I can't directly uninstall any of the Xilinx software because invoking any of the Xilinx programs (an old ISE14.7 install, Vivado 2023.1, Vivado lab) result in simply more batch files opening in a text editor.  The results are the same when I run one of these programs as administrator.  I deleted all of the programs in c:\Xilinx and deleted this directory.  Then, I tried a new install of Vivado_lab 2023.1 with all anti-virus and firewalls off.  I had the same result. 
Do you have any further thoughts?

0 Likes

It looks like problem may be with how your batch files are managed or maybe there is some leftover settings from old installations. First step, you should check if the batch files open with Command Prompt and not a text editor—go to Windows Settings under "Default apps" or select "Choose default apps by file type." Make sure your system's PATH environment variable has the right paths for Xilinx executables. Wrong paths can make problems when you try to run them. It helps if you install directly from a Command Prompt window instead of using GUI, as this might avoid some issues related to GUI. Using a tool like CCleaner to clean old registry entries can be helpful, but you need to be careful so that it doesn't make your system unstable. Also, download the installer again from the Xilinx website because maybe the file you have now is corrupted.

0 Likes