cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mracicot
Journeyman III

Video capture file unplayable in most players

My system: Windows 11 23H2, 64GB RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD with 40% free, using driver/software version 24.7.1

Steps: 

1. Open Adrenaline

2. In 'Record & Stream', select fullscreen and the monitor I want to capture (mine is a 4k monitor). Change no settings from the default 

3. Launch game in full screen mode

4. Alt-Tab back to Adrenaline and click the 'Start Recording' button

5. Capture long video (I captured just short of 2h20m)

6. Stop capture. Verify location of saved MP4.

7. Attempt to play video in Adrenaline.

a. locate file in Record & Stream > Media

b. Click on file. File should load, but it does not. 

c. Check with smaller file (<1m) and verify player is working - it is

8. Exit Adrenaline and attempt to import the MP4 into Camtasia and PowerDirector 365

9. Both programs give an error that the file type is not supported or corrupt.

10. Import one of the smaller captures (< 1m) into PowerDirector. Error message: "An error occurred while opening this media file int he media library. It may be because the file is broken, an unsupported format, or for another reason. [...]"

11. Import one of the smaller captures into Camtasia. Imports without error, but will not play back in either Camtasia's quick viewer or their main timeline after adding the media to the project.

12. Videos of all lengths play back using Microsoft's built-in media player, but there's a catch. An older video (captured with 24.6.1, I think) plays sound, but video captured with 24.7.1 plays video only - no audio - and gives an error message for a few seconds when first opening the file: "We can't play the audio for (filename) because its encoding settings aren't supported. You can still watch the video."

Since I'm not changing any default settings in the capture, it seems like other applications (and even the built-in AMD player) isn't playing back videos correctly. I'd appreciate and support or advice...

0 Likes
1 Reply
mracicot
Journeyman III

Does no one else have this issue? 

0 Likes