cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

A5H
Journeyman III

Vega FE DRIVER TIMEOUT

Hi, as you can see in tittle... I have this f*****g hell of a issue happening each time i start a game or a program such as blender, even with tiny files... so i went back to stock settings for everything in bios and started looking around for ways to fix that...
Specs are (with Windows up to date):

R5 2600 stock
2x16GB 2666MT/s stock
Aorus pro wifi X570i mobo
Vega Frontier Edition stock
Samsung 970 EVO 250GB (C:)
Crucial P2 1TB (D:)
Corsair SFX 600W 80+ Platinium

Once back on stock settings i tried:

Clean reinstal latest drivers after DDU = still timeout, then again but with AMD cleanup = still timeout, then again with AMD cleanup + DDU = still timeout...

Then doing the same with each previous drivers version available on AMD website... still timeout (each time cleaning drivers and factory reset ofc) from 22.1.1 back to 21.Q1.1 pro and not pro but it made no differences...

Again for each but this time i added the key KMD_IsGamingDriver=1 in register... still timeout (but at least i can access gpu settings from AMD software) so i re-redid all that but with gpu @90%TDP limitation instead of 100% (in hope it was not a overheating issue even if i guess it wasn't anyway... so the Vega FE stays around 70°C in FurMark 1920x1080 4xMSAA) all that still timeouts...

Increasing page file in Windows as recomended (4985MB) then x1.5, then x2, then x4, then x8... up to 39880MB on C: then 19940MB on C: and on (to make a total of 39880MB but on 2 drives to see if smth changed...) ofc each time rebooting again, all that with power plan set to best perf mode, no fast boot, refresh rate @60Hz, issue report disabled (each freaking time to be sure as i saw online)... still timeout...

And again but this time using the auto detection tool from AMD to instal drivers (it gave me latest Enterprise Pro drivers...) still timeout... but now device manager in Properties/Event gives me that \VEN_1002&DEV_6863&SUBSYS_6B761002&REV_00\6&a89fab3&0&00000019 requires further installation. Wich lead to NOTHING on google unless you search for \VEN_1002&DEV_6863 that lead to shady drivers packages online or on russian websites... and they don't fix the issue either (even thoses that can provide older driver packages than the ones available on AMD as far i saw)

So i expected that maybe... MAYBE i could try minimal instal... STILL TIMEOUT *sigh* idk if AMD see that but holy lord if as i saw this is happening since years to a lot of us some ppl at AMD should rly get fired and others hired... anyway let's continu deep diving in hell hoping to get some hot results...

So i went back to reinstal every AMD related drivers taking in count chipset etc... still timeout... keep in mind EACH TIME i clean previous drivers in hope to avoid conflicts... and reboot... still timeout...

if there is anything usefull i have not tried yet, thx for sharing pals, and thx for your time reading this...

0 Likes
4 Replies
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

I'm sorry, but you have a 600Watt PSU for the Vega Graphics card?

That card alone can peak up to 376Watts sometimes. Nearly two thirds of your PSU is going directly to the graphics card during some moments, it may not be getting the all the power it needs.

johnnyenglish_1-1642904715021.png

The Englishman
0 Likes

thx for the advice but this isn't the issue since i run it stock or at 90% TDP, she stays under 200W of consumption that way also this PSU is Platinium rated so let's say that the cpu load at stock is around 65W (software reports) with around at best 10W for DIMMS plus maybe 40W for the mobo all under load at stock its around 115W + the reported 200W for GPU (@270A of TDC Core limits so around 198W PPT max) this on a 600W plat rating gives from 91.835% to 91.516% efficiency at load (i also used to run this rig on a EVGA 850W Ga a 80+ gold psu before going in a SFF chassis) so the PSU isnt the issue there it is more of a software or driver issue from AMD or even windows itself but on that point i still duno who is the culprit of this issue or how could i fix that and avoid crashing everyday with a hell of a thousand usd GPU ... and even at peaks i still have some room before reaching the maximum potential of this psu since it should reach around 481W in total (taking in count the 376W peaks when at 100% TDP limitation)

0 Likes

I understand and you are not wrong.

But I feel that is somewhat bare minimum from what I've read around, but again, I have never tested a Vega FE but I do know that the RoG Strix Vega 64 is a real power hog and you won't get away with just 600Watts, well you do but it had several driver timouts and/or outright system crashes with spontaneous reboots.

You can also start troubleshooting other components such as the ram, Ryzen 2000 series IMC can have a thought time with 2x16Gb at that speeds. try lowering them to a non DOCP profile.

Check Ram if its in the QVL.

Run Memtest for several hours.

Have you tried an older WHQL AMD driver? I do have more probs with non-WHQL during video editing.

Do your card have dual BIOS, try switching to silent.

Try runing with just the drivers and not the whole driver software.

Good luck

The Englishman
0 Likes

Re,

As i said in my first post theses DIMMS are at stock speed (2666) for trouble shooting (DOCP is 3600 since i wanted to upgrade the CPU but market is what it is ...anyway)

Theses Hynix chips are in QVL of this mobo (with a Pinnacle Ridge CPU such as mine) and so with few different sticks of this brand (KLEVV)

MemTest for a full day = no issues

As i said before i have tried all available driver on AMD website alr (and lately older non WHQL ones from another website since they are older (driverscollection.com))

Again i have tried to reduce settings such as a silent BIOS would do since this card only have one BIOS (TDC/TDP limitations -10% / -15% / -20% ... reduced core clock/mem clocks bits by bits)

And as said above i have tried Minimal and driver only instals... i have even re -enabled my windows full updates settings to make sure and re -updated every single packages even the non security / hardware related ones (i was previously under enterprise settings with some register keys)

AND i have disassembled my PC to swtich back to the 850W Ga from EVGA to make sure before re-doing all that... its starting to get on my nerves ngl its time consuming and its a hell on my desk now and still freaking drivers timeouts...

0 Likes