cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Ruben999
Journeyman III

Vega 8 Driver on windows 8.1?

Hello, I have Ryzen 3 3200G with Vega 8 graphics card and I just moved from windows 10 to windows 8.1 
I tried many methods like to installing the driver from the device manager and It says "Windows had a problem installing this driver for you"
I want to install a driver for my Vega 8 card in windows 8.1, Please don't tell me to move to windows 10 because i have 6GB usable of ram and windows 10 is lagging with me too much.

0 Likes
5 Replies

You do realize that AMD dropped support for Windows 8/8.1 several years ago.  Since Ryzen 3200G came out after Windows 8/8.1 was dropped by AMD there are no official AMD Drivers for Windows 8/8.1

You might want to see if there are any Modified AMD drivers that might work in Windows 8/8.1 like from this website: https://www.amernimezone.com/

Amernimezone uses AMD Drivers and modifies them to work with Non-Supported AMD Hardware. See if they have any modified AMD drivers for your Ryzen APU for Windows 8/8.1.

No, It does not support windows 8.1

0 Likes
Ruben999
Journeyman III

No, It does not support windows 8.1

0 Likes

I find it perplexing why you downgraded from a Microsoft Supported Operating System, Windows 10, to a Non-Support security risk Windows 8.1.

I know you mentioned about Windows 10 being laggy due to having so little RAM Memory available.

How much RAM Memory do you have installed in your PC? One stick of 8GB RAM or 2 sticks of 4GB of RAM?

If I were you I would suggest you install more RAM so that you can upgrade back to Windows 10 because you probably won't locate any Windows 8.1 Driver for your Ryzen APU Processor.

0 Likes
rock12
Adept II

I think you have more issues then "lagging" in windows 10 with 6Gb of ram as i have run windows 10 on an intel atom machine with 2GB of ram and it was still usable for web browsing and typing a document on Microsoft word.

At no point in time would anyone recommend you downgrade to windows 8.1 which is dead and gone so if you cant get windows 10 to work just get a new PC.

0 Likes