cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Uridium
Journeyman III

Vega 64 needs drivers to play hunt show down 1896

Hello i have been playing hunt showdown since the beggining and now the Shadows are pitch black, and the game is unplayable! I love AMD products and i know this Vega 64 is great to play at 1080p like i do i cant even play red dead 2 and starfield and cyberpunk and they Run great before this One i had a r9 390 8gb and it was great as well! Please we really need tour help and get a new drivers só we can play hunt showdown 1896. It's my favourite game, i can not afford a new graphics card for now só please please please help

0 Likes
3 Replies
FunkZ
Exemplar

According to Systemrequirementslab.com the Early Access game system requirements were much lower than the recently released full version with updated game engine.

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/hunt-showdown-1896/17575

Whereas previously a GCN architecture card like the R9 370 would run it (which includes Vega) now it requires at minimum an RDNA Navi level card like the RX 5000 series, and the RX 6000 is recommended.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/594650/Hunt_Showdown_1896/

Not much AMD can do with drivers for Legacy cards if the hardware simply isn't supported.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT

While answering another User with a RX 580 with the exact same problem with the same specific game I came across this gaming site that offers a workaround, at least for the RX 500 GPU cards, but might still also work for your Vega 64 gpu card is by downgrading your AMD driver to version 22.11.2:  https://primagames.com/tips/hunt-showdown-1896-shadows-issue-workaround-amd-gpus

Hunt: Showdown 1896’s launch hasn’t been the smoothest, whether it’s the controversial UI overhaul that’s unanimously disliked or the technical issues that are making it difficult for players to get into the game. AMD users, especially ones with slightly older GPUs have it rough, as the shadows in the game are currently completely bugged for them. If you’re one of those users, here is a workaround to fix the shadows issue on AMD GPUs.

Hunt: Showdown 1896 Black Shadows Workaround for AMD (5XX Series)

Multiple AMD users, especially in the 5XX series like the RX 580 and RX 590, have reported that shadows are bugged in Hunt: Showdown 1896 and are pitch black.

The only workaround for the bugged shadows in Hunt: Showdown 1896 is to downgrade the AMD GPU drivers to version 22.11.2.

You can manually download the drivers at the following link since the AMD software doesn’t let you downgrade GPU drivers. We also recommend using a utility like DDU to completely remove your current drivers so there aren’t any shaders left. It’s not necessary, but this added measure can often be crucial in fixing graphical errors.

This workaround is currently pinned in the official Discord server by one of the moderators, and enough people are reporting it, so we’re assuming Crytek is aware. We hope that they work with AMD to address the problem because it’s clearly caused by a mixture of the new overhaul as well as the newer AMD drivers.

Cyrtek have acknowledged the backlash against the the new UI changes, and we’ll likely see more fixes applied for ongoing issues like the black screen haunting players. While the new map and visual updates are a welcome addition, it seems Hunt: Showdown 1896 still has a long way to go before it’s worth diving back into.

You can download AMD Graphics driver version 22.11.2 from here: https://www.amd.com/en/resources/support-articles/release-notes/RN-RAD-WIN-22-11-2.html

EDIT: The above version AMD driver is compatible with the VEGA GPU cards.

thank you very much, i already installed those drivers but the surfaces in the buildings and sofe objects are still pitch black and you loose every other kind of shadow so, i'll have to wait for new drivers or patch

0 Likes