cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

theacclaimed
Miniboss
Miniboss

Re: Vega 56 - Windows 10 Desktop lagging while gaming in windowed mode.

Yes, I can confirm you have found a valid workaround. This should be filed as a Freesync bug with multiple monitors.

When freesync is enabled on the main or all 3 displays with refresh rate at 120Hz or higher. Video playback on all web browsers and media players will stutter. Something wrong with the frame display timing.

Issue exists in 18.7.1

Workaround: Disable Freesync on all monitors and reset PC.

0 Kudos
xplosio
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Can confirm that it's most likely a Windows 10 update causing the issue, as I've had the issue appear when when I didn't even touch the drivers (automatic updates are off). Rolling back to an earlier driver that I can confirm the issue doesn't exist in didn't help either.

Can also confirm the workaround of disabling FreeSync works.

0 Kudos
theacclaimed
Miniboss
Miniboss

Did you ever find a fix for this issue?

0 Kudos
olympiclarry
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Can you try and Disable Fullscreen Optimizations for the game and see if that fixes the problem? pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
tehg
Adept I
Adept I

Disabling FreeSync and rebooting fixes it for me.

Just replying to say that this also resolved my issues in FFXIV. It is super disappointing that I can't use FreeSync anymore

0 Kudos
taurea
Elite
Elite

Hi all.

I just made another post about this same issue over at this thread:

https://community.amd.com/thread/230350

These 2 threads seems to be releated.

0 Kudos
tehg
Adept I
Adept I

I think for everyone seeing this, we should ensure we send problem reports directly to AMD viya https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

Here is my rambling email I sent.

I'm experiencing the issue outlined in this AMD Community thread. https://community.amd.com/thread/230350#comment-2872516

This issue comes up if I am playing games on my main screen, have a video playing on my second screen, and have FreeSync enabled. The ultimate workaround is disabling FreeSync and rebooting. Playing in full screen mode instead of borderless windowed mode helps, but is not always a resolution.

Both of my monitors are 144hz. I generally only keep FreeSync on for my main monitor, as it supports FreeSync at 144hz. Toggling FreeSync on my second screen does not help. Reducing the frame rate on my monitors does help sometimes, but not in all games. I suspect it is a prioritization thing.

This occurred on my Fury X, and continues to occur on my Vega 64.

0 Kudos