cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

viciecal
Journeyman III

Various GPU Crashes on Radeon RX 6600

Hi all. I just very recently bought a brand new PC from a "famous" local store, so all of my components are brand new. I just installed fresh Windows (tried with 10, then 11, then 10 again). After the 1st Windows boot ever on this new computer, I installed all of the drivers that were available in my motherboard webpage. I also tried to "bandaid" this by testing different screens/ports (tried VGA/DisplayPort/HDMI)

Specs:

• Motherboard: ASUS Prime H510M-E
  • CPU:  Intel Core i5 10400 4.3GHz 
  • GPU: XFX Radeon RX 6600 8GB GDDR6 Speedster SWFT21
  • RAM: 2x16 GB 3200 MHz Vulcan TUF Yellow
  • PSU: Cooler Master 800W 80 Plus Gold G800
  • Screen: Samsung F22T35

So it's all pretty random, but after first hours of use I started getting the Green Screen of Death all of a sudden. I could reproduce it by just openning COD MW 2 (2022), but then the game just worked fine (over 85 FPS in all Ultra). Then this started happening on every game that I tried to play (Dota 2, Naruto UNS 4, FIFA 23). But it's pretty random. I can not even open the game, but at the same time suddenly I'm lucky and able to play games for 3 hours straight. But sooner or later, the Green Screen of Death keeps popping.

I tried every solution that I found on the internet, like 4-5 different versions of the GPU driver, formatting Windows all over again, verifying game files thru Steam, underbolting/overclocking my GPU, disabling/enabling VSync, updating the BIOS to the latest version, playing with Power settings in BIOS menu, re-installing everything again, fresh boot with no services etc., and some other random stuff I found on the internet. Nothing works tho, I just keep getting that screen and I'm already thinking about returning everything because it's pissing me off so hard.

Another thing that also happened very frequently, was the Radeon driver crashing with the popup like "We detected a driver on your system stopped responding", something around those lines.

Luckily, I've been able to gather some minidumps here: (the .txt file is the oldest crashed found, a couple of hours ago)

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1FL8kXq0PZIRamdAJP2pxBxDZVfUKntnB 

Any ideas? By this point, I'm pretty sure that it has to do with GPU hardware failure, but I refuse to believe it since it's literally a brand new GPU. It would be nice if I'd be able to play all the games I just bought with the all-new PC that I just bought lol xd.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
0 Replies