cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gamemaster54
Adept I

Using Intel iGPU for desktop and AMD dGPU for gaming doesn't work.

Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: Intel UHD 770 + RX 7800 XT

CPU: i7 13700

Motherboard: MSI PRO B660M-A

BIOS Version: 7D43v1F

RAM: 2X16GB GSKILL 3200Mhz DDR4

Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 11 PRO 23H2

GPU Drivers:
Intel: 31.0.101.508
AMD: 23.12.1

Chipset Drivers: Intel B660 10.1.19376.8374

Description of Original Problem: I was using igpu as my main gpu (1 dp cable plugged in to motherboard, no cable is plugged into the gpu and im using 1 monitor) and rx 590 for games only but when i tried to play fortnite or any unity games. they froze and can't be killed using task manager. I fixed that using the registry file mentioned in this post (even the deep sleep thing worked):
https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/igpu-dgpu-not-working-on-windows-11/td-p/593745

And then I upgraded my gpu from rx 590 to 7800XT and formatted my pc. After the upgrade, that fix doesn't work anymore. Now fortnite crashes if i alt+tab before i see the lobby screen and none of the unity games and CIV 6 works (i only tested those for now)

After i applied this registry file on my rx 590 it said "hybrid/discrete" on the radeon software. It doesn't say that on my rx 7800 xt.

note 1: whenever i tried to play videos with Movies&TV app the videos start with a black screen with sound coming but after like 3 seconds video plays normally. But maybe this is related to the video being played on a hdd.

note 2: in game metrics also doesn't work. when i toggle it on or using the keyboard shortcut. In radeon sofware it says its on but the metrics doesn't come up (also game detection is off).

I want to continue using this setup because i want to lower power consumption and vram usage.

Troubleshooting: I've tried setting the ASPM settings on my bios to OS handled and BIOS handled none of them worked, main gpu on bios is set to IGP with 64mb allocated. All games set to high performance in windows 11 graphics settings and hardware accelerated scheduling is on. One time this setup worked without the registry edit on windows 10 when i had rx590 but after a format it didnt work again, i tried windows 10 with rx 7800 xt but didnt work.

2 Replies
NYYankee
Adept I

I have the exact same iGPU (but 12600k which shouldn't make a difference) and AMD GPU (rx 7800xt)

i also have the exact same problem. I hope someone can help

before it worked with my rtx 3060ti. now with AMD not.

infriker
Journeyman III

I have exactly the same problem with RX7600 and R5 7600 win 11 pro 23h2. Are AMD going to fix this at all?? Mesa on Linux fixed this. I really don't like the support, I paid money for a video card and they can't help me in any way. The power is in Open Source guys