Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Exzovio
Journeyman III

Upgrading from windows 10 to widnows 11

Hi!
I'm going to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11 and i wonder what should i do with the adrenalin software? I got the 7700xt gpu and since you should choose which windows you have to download the drivers I don't know if there will be any drivers conflict because i have adrenalin for windows 10 installed. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
FunkZ
Forerunner

When I upgraded my HTPC from Windows 10 22H2 to Windows 11 recently I didn't have to do anything with drivers or software, everything continued to work as-is.

There were the usual hassles getting the Windows environment back to my preferred format, and still perturbed that Microsoft has made the taskbar unmovable, but otherwise no issues.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT

View solution in original post

6 Replies
FunkZ
Forerunner

When I upgraded my HTPC from Windows 10 22H2 to Windows 11 recently I didn't have to do anything with drivers or software, everything continued to work as-is.

There were the usual hassles getting the Windows environment back to my preferred format, and still perturbed that Microsoft has made the taskbar unmovable, but otherwise no issues.

Thanks!

Are you just wanting to move the taskbar to left side like Windows 10?

If that is all you want to do it is indeed movable. Right click in taskbar area and click Taskbar Settings. Taskbar behaviors is what you select to move it, then Taskbar Alignment.

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero - Ryzen 5950X - Noctua NH D15 Chromax Black - 4x8GB 32Gb GSkill DDR4 3800 - Asus RTX 3070 TUF OC V2 - Samsung 980 Pro, 970 Evo Plus, Corsair Force GT - Super Flower 1000W Leadex SE Platinum
0 Likes

Windows 11 Taskbar Alignment only changes whether the icons are left or center justified within the taskbar.

The feature that had been available since Windows 95 up through Windows 10, the ability to position the taskbar on the left, right, top or bottom edge of the desktop, is no longer available. Apparently Microsoft believes that it is too much work to continue offering this feature, what with the new taskbar animations, which nobody even cares about.

0 Likes

Ok, I was just taking a guess at how you wanted it, because most people that ask me about it complain about the taskbar being middle aligned. I actually like it being middle aligned now, at first I could not stand it.

Makes me remember though about my father in law always complaining his taskbar somehow got moved to either side or top of screen back in the day when that was still a option.

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero - Ryzen 5950X - Noctua NH D15 Chromax Black - 4x8GB 32Gb GSkill DDR4 3800 - Asus RTX 3070 TUF OC V2 - Samsung 980 Pro, 970 Evo Plus, Corsair Force GT - Super Flower 1000W Leadex SE Platinum
0 Likes

Every version of Windows for the last 30 years has that option. Microsoft did add a lock function, which would prevent you from accidentally moving it. But since the advent of widescreen monitors I've put my taskbar on the left where it's otherwise unused real estate and to free up vertical space. Today with ultrawide monitors and multiple displays it's even worse having it stuck at the bottom.

0 Likes