Journeyman III

RX 590: Graphics bugs in RDR2 with fog, haze, dust

Hello!

B450 Tomahawk Max
Ryzen 5 3600
RX 590
Win10
Adrenalin Edition Version 24.1.1

Since (I suppose) some AMD GPU driver and software update in autumn last year I am having graphics bugs with fog, haze or dust in RDR2. In such foggy conditions always the left part of the screen and a rectangular spot in the middle stay clear (see screenshots).
I have already reset the graphics options in game and AMD software. Shader cache has been cleared too. Next step would be uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers/software or trying an older one from early 2023.
In the meanwhile I would like to ask if anyone else has encountered similar issues in RDR2 in such hazy, foggy, dusty conditions using newer or the latest driver/software versions.
Regarding reinstalling the driver/software from early 2023: Could this pose a security threat? I am not sure, but last year I think I read something about a security problem with those early/mid 2023 driver/software versions. (Which was the reason I updated).

Kind regards and thanks in advance for your help.

bug1.png

bug2.png

0 Likes
1 Reply
PolarBaer
Journeyman III

Ok, I have figured out that the problem only exists if I am using DirectX 12. If Vulkan is selected in the game's graphics settings, there is no bug.
I have also tested AMD Software version from March 2023 and there DirectX 12 and Vulkan both work fine.
Are developers looking through these forums too? Because I would call this a potential bug report.

And again: Is it safe to use the old software/driver? Hasn't there been an advice to update because of security risks last summer/autumn?

Thanks and kind regards.

0 Likes