cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

KoiTheBot
Adept I

Updating Graphic driver causes Radeon software to stop function

I've been having this problem for a couple of months after I uninstalled AMD Radeon to update my driver (Which I shouldn't have done) and now it's constantly causing what I presume are blue screens at least once a day at random. Basically, after doing a fresh install with the factory reset selected, the software functions perfectly fine. That is until I enter device manager and update the integrated graphics which are the AMD drivers for me with the newly installed ones. After doing so, AMD Radeon closes and upon trying to open it, I'm presented with the message that the installed (newly updated) driver is incompatible. It's mostly a nuisance as it periodically crashes my computer at random and considering I'm a gamer, it becomes both pain and worry. 

I've done numerous solutions like turning off antiviruses, disabling windows updates installing drivers and so on but nothing seems to be making a difference. It kinda sucks not only for my computer to BSOD but to also miss out on the numerous features the software provides for gaming and other things.

Screenshot 2022-04-01 173042.pngScreenshot 2022-04-01 173147.pngScreenshot 2022-04-01 173239.pngScreenshot 2022-04-01 173258.pngScreenshot 2022-04-01 173725.pngScreenshot 2022-04-01 173741.pngScreenshot 2022-04-01 173926.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
RPX100
Miniboss

@KoiTheBot hello there. I am gonna try and guide you through a possible solution to this problem.

The problem you are seeing could be caused by Windows Update messing up your drivers,
during the installation of the newer driver or right after system reboot.

Please start by following this guide in detail to ensure a clean driver install:
[clean install guide] - driver update - DDU - clean registry - sfc scannow
(and since you also have an Nvidia GPU in there: uninstall with DDU and then reinstall that one too)

Then please make sure to also install the latest AMD chipset drivers.
This in itself could also solve the problem for you.

--
When you are done with these steps, please download GPU-Z from TechPowerUp (freeware).
Start GPU-Z and then please take a screenshot and post it here. So I can see the important details.

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
RPX100
Miniboss

@KoiTheBot hello there. I am gonna try and guide you through a possible solution to this problem.

The problem you are seeing could be caused by Windows Update messing up your drivers,
during the installation of the newer driver or right after system reboot.

Please start by following this guide in detail to ensure a clean driver install:
[clean install guide] - driver update - DDU - clean registry - sfc scannow
(and since you also have an Nvidia GPU in there: uninstall with DDU and then reinstall that one too)

Then please make sure to also install the latest AMD chipset drivers.
This in itself could also solve the problem for you.

--
When you are done with these steps, please download GPU-Z from TechPowerUp (freeware).
Start GPU-Z and then please take a screenshot and post it here. So I can see the important details.

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]
0 Likes
KoiTheBot
Adept I

Thanks, I fixed this issue a while back, forgot to conclude the discussion

0 Likes

Hello, I have run into the same issue. May I know how was it that you solved it?

0 Likes

For me, I first went to my (C:) storage, then deleted all traces of AMD in program files and anywhere else. Then reinstalled AMD radeon and it fixed it. Now it no longer thinks my computer's drive is incompatible. Sorry bout the late response

0 Likes