cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Chouitate
Journeyman III

UNINSTALL AMD DRIVERS = BLACK SCREEN ( URGENT HELP )

Hey there

Guys I just ruined it 🤦‍

I had this problem with a game, saying that I need to update AMD driver ( but my driver was already updated )

So I found this solution saying that I need to uninstall AMD drivers with AMD cleanup utility , and then Instal the drivers from windows

So I did it, and when I restart the pc the screen turn black and wont show anything now

I have an AMD Cpu and Gpu , so I think that the tool removed all AMD drivers even the Cpu carte graphique

Is there anyway to fix it? I need to install the drivers but the screen is All black now 🤦‍

Please I need help fixing this problem

Thank you

0 Likes
5 Replies
AJDC79
Adept I

If you're using a Display Port cable, try unplugging it and using an HDMI.  I had this happen with the last driver update and it's something to do with one of the resolution settings.  This update, I'm just getting crashes across all my games.  Fun.

0 Likes
Argoph
Journeyman III

Hey did you ever figure that out? I just ran into pretty much the exact same issue. I'm currently tryna find a fix but if you know the answer could you please let me know. Thank you.

0 Likes

I turned it on and off 3 or 4 times and it came back on properly.

0 Likes
halies
Adept I

I have the same problem. Since I use a laptop, I cannot use the solution you suggested. My graphics card version is stuck at 23.12.1. When I install the new versions, I get a black screen. When I boot into safe mode, delete the drivers, and install the 23.12.1 version again, the black screen disappears. But after installing new updates, the error persists. AMD Ryzen 7 7840HS w/ Radeon 780M Graphics.

0 Likes
halies
Adept I

I have the same problem. Since I use a laptop, I cannot use the solution you suggested. My graphics card version is stuck at 23.12.1. When I install the new versions, I get a black screen. When I boot into safe mode, delete the drivers, and install the 23.12.1 version again, the black screen disappears. But after installing new updates, the error persists. AMD Ryzen 7 7840HS w/ Radeon 780M Graphics.

0 Likes