Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

syntesys
Journeyman III

Unable to install Windows 11 in AMD RAID 1

Hello all!

I'm new in AMD world (ever had Intel processors), but I'm not satisfied.

I bought an MSI Carbon x670e with Ryzen 9 7950X3D, installed every component, updated BIOS and prepared from BIOS the NVME disk array for RAID1 (two Samsung 980 Pro, updated latest firmware).

When I install Windows 11 from USB, I select the driver in this order: rcbottom, rcraid and rcconfig, select the disk, and the installation starts. After a while (3-10% of file copy), I receive a Windows error with the code 0x8007045D, like my pendrive is corrupted. I tried to install without raid and the installation finishes, also tried to chage the disks with no result... If I do an AHCI installation, everything goes well, RAID does not work. 

Do someone has some advice?

Already checked the BIOS configuration, is in UEFI Mode (the most popular solution found in internet).

Thank you!

0 Likes
3 Replies
FunkZ
Exemplar

Another user reported that enabling CSM fixed the problem. This may not seem logical but worth a shot.

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/raid-0-nvme-fresh-windows-install-0x8007025d/m-p/63069...

If that does not work for you, it may also be possible to install Windows to a single drive, and add a RAID1 mirror afterwards using RAIDXpert2. (clone from drive1)

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

Thank you 

Tried to enable CSM from BIOS, but the section of RAID configuration does not enable.

Can I use RAIDXpert even if the mode is AHCI and configure from Windows? Thank you.

0 Likes

Set the mode to RAID but don't create an array until after you have Windows installed.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes