cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

trashalice
Journeyman III

Unable to install drivers with auto detect and cant find exact gpu drivers on AMD site

Hello, I've been having issues with reinstalling my drivers as my pc has been running a little slow after a power outage caused a force shutdown of my pc

In the adrenaline installer it'll have the install button greyed out (as seen bellow) I've used the driver from the DELL website but it caused issues and had to uninstall it in the past.

Tried setting it to minimal install, full install and drivers only but it didn't change

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
3 Replies

It is a rebadged R9 M385X, try installing that driver. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
imstewlol
Journeyman III

imstewlol_1-1704479249692.png

what driver will i have to download for this one?

0 Likes

If your laptop has a AMD APU Processor with Integrated Graphics (R5) then you must download the driver for your IGPU (R5) so that it will be compatible with both your IGPU and GPU card.

Sometimes the IGPU is much older then the GPU card and the last driver is much older than the laptop's GPU card's driver. So the last latest driver for your GPU card probably wouldn't be compatible with your APU IGPU.

So best thing to do is download the last AMD driver for your APU which will install both drivers for the IGPU and GPU in your laptop.

But if your Laptop's Support site has driver that are about the same age it is best to install those rather then AMD laptop drivers which are generic while the laptop's OEM drivers will be 100% compatible with your laptop.

NOTE: Since your laptop shut down due to a power outage I would run in a elevated Command Prompt/Powershell the following simple line command to check your Windows OS:  SFC /scannow

Also before you run DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) delete, if applicable, AMD Driver Installation folder at C:\AMD. Now run DDU and install the driver again.

0 Likes