cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Xand
Journeyman III

There is something wrong with my RX 7600

I have had my card for about 3 weeks now and for the first week it was fine and then when I was playing a steam game my screen went black and my monitors went to sleep I tried turning them back on and it said they where not connected to anything I had to hard shut off my computer for it to work again and then when it came back on only one monitor would work at a time so I cheeked tried opening the amd adrenaline drivers and it would pop up with an error Screenshot 2023-10-06 154618.png so I went to the link and I tried the fix and it saidScreenshot 2023-10-06 154835.png I have also found out that when I even have the windows drivers installed by themselves it still crashes I have tried for weeks to find a fix for this thing and nothing has seemed to work and I am stuck on what to do uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers seems to be a short term fix but it still always happens eventually and it is completely random when it happens I don't even have to be playing a game for it to happen I even installed a new hardrive hoping it would be the fix and after that it went a few days without crashing but it did happen again I had only installed discord steam and the oculus app nothing a have installed should be causing the issue so I was hoping to get some help thank you...

0 Likes
1 Reply
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Likely what happened is Windows Update downloaded their broken drivers. The first thing I would do is disable Windows ability to update drivers, this can easily be done using this guide. Solved: How to stop updates for drivers with Windows Updat... - AMD Community

You may also want to do this. Windows Update Replacing AMD Adrenalin Drivers? FIX it in 2 minutes! - YouTube

After all of this has been done and dealt with, you could try using DDU or AMD Cleanup Utility, to remove your drivers completely. In the settings of DDU there is a box you can check to prevent Windows installing their broken drivers as well.

After using DDU, I reboot two times for good measure, and then I reinstall from the AMD Support Site https://www.amd.com/en/support by selecting my hardware using the drop down menus and downloading the recommended driver. Open the downloaded file and it will begin the install process. I don't like the auto-detect tool it has been rumored to cause more problems than it fixes. Selecting your hardware specifically means you will always get the drivers meant for your hardware.

Let me know if that helps.

Good luck.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes