cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Nexima
Adept I

The Ongoing Struggles with AMD Drivers

As a competitive gamer using an AMD Ryzen 5 5600 processor, AMD RX 6700-XT graphics card, Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB RAM, and Asus PRIME B450M-K II motherboard, I have encountered persistent issues with AMD drivers. Every time a new update is released, one problem might get fixed, but a hundred new issues arise. These emerging problems are either entirely new or are previously resolved issues that resurface.

For instance, after the most recent AMD graphics card update, I experienced severe FPS drops and stuttering in popular esports titles like Fortnite. What’s worse than low FPS or poor image quality are the in-game delays and sudden stutters. These stutters aren’t minor—they involve FPS values dropping from 200 to 10 in an instant, causing significant screen freezes and disruptions. Many users report that reverting to older drivers mitigates these issues somewhat but introduces different problems.

AMD graphics cards should provide low latency, high FPS, and stable image quality with well-optimized software. However, AMD fails to deliver on these fronts. Many users experience crashes in games, videos, and even projects. Constantly uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, formatting their computers, or resetting and changing settings has become a tiresome routine. These users aren’t computer engineers—they are regular people who just want to play games, edit videos, or develop projects.

So, AMD, what exactly are you offering these users to convince them to buy your products? 

19 Replies
Nexima
Adept I

They are such a problematic company that even when I try to register for their forums, my password is not accepted. When I log into the forum and try to share a post, it doesn't go through and gives an error. After clearing my Chrome history and using incognito mode, it finally worked, and I was able to post. When I try to stream live through the Adrenalin application, my Twitch account does not connect and gives an old browser error. This is AMD Adrenalin’s fault, not mine, because it gives an error within its own browser, and there’s nothing I can do. The recording and streaming features are generally of poor quality and filled with errors, capturing poor-quality images and significantly reducing computer performance. AMD is terrible in these aspects. Despite having a good system, the noise cancellation features are also broken because when I use them, more noise comes through my microphone and it cannot filter out the noise, consuming system resources. Technologies like AMD Super Resolution or FSR do not seem to contribute to FPS at all, only degrading image quality. As a 6000 series user, the anti-lag features are so bad that they reduce FPS, cause performance issues, and sometimes even create lag. Everything is very unsuccessful. The image sharpening feature is just as terrible and horrible as the anti-lag feature. Other features in Adrenalin are completely useless and seem to be provided just for show.

Users, my advice to you is don’t bother with your settings or your computer because it won’t help and will make things worse. I’m sorry to say this, but AMD provides defective and unnecessary features with a poor interface and terrible software. Their graphics cards are of poor quality and can’t compare to Nvidia. I don’t believe AMD will improve either. I want my money back, seriously, give me my money back.

0 Likes
Nexima
Adept I

In addition, the shader cache in the games can be compiled in advance, so that the first matches do not freeze when we enter the games, but you still have not solved this problem. In addition, after the last AMD update, many games, especially Fortnite and similar ones, experience incredible lags. Other drivers were already terrible, and AMD has always been bad, but this time it's incredibly bad. Not only me but many users said this. And shamelessly you still don't bring updates and fix your problems quickly, because this company has already been screwed since its founding and has never been able to fix its problems. Give me my **bleep** money back. You always suck. You, fraudsters, shamelessly continue to sell and offer these software updates and graphics cards on your site.

0 Likes
Nexima
Adept I

It is also funny that you do not bring innovations to your 6000 series graphics cards even though you are terrible at many features and updates or similar technologies such as hypr rx, amd smartaccess video, anti-lag + and so on. Your technologies suck! Your image quality sucks! Your performance sucks! Your fps values suck! Noise cancellation, image sharpening, delay prevention, recording and live broadcasting and many other technologies are broken, not working, bad interface is full of terrible errors and performance problems. give my money back!

0 Likes
Nexima
Adept I

You are so problematic that even your community support forum is problematic. It gives an error when I send a message. I can only send my message by entering it from the Chrome incognito tab because I do not have to delete my cache data from Chrome. One user wrote that deleting the incognito tab or cache solves the problem. We, the ordinary users, accidentally became computer engineers without going to school, thinking that thanks to you, we will solve our problems because you cannot fix them. We are tired of listening to your nonsense and suggestions such as uninstall with ddu, make these settings, go back to the old driver, fix yourself now! give me my money back!

0 Likes
Nexima
Adept I

You also suck at ray tracing and many other things

0 Likes

Currently, ray tracing is mostly a gimmick for the performance trade off as there is little visual difference. It's currently used as a metric to get reviewers talking about nvidia's performance lead over meaningless effect. It's does drop performance, generate heat, and increase power usage nicely though, then you can sit there for a minute comparing screenshots, between on and off, and go "Oh yea, much better looking..." lol

That way you sound like a discerning gamer, not one of the cretins.

0 Likes

Poor explanation.

0 Likes

I didn't explain anything.

0 Likes
Nexima
Adept I

Don't buy amd. Switch to nvidia. They suck at everything and will never improve. give my money back.

Nexima
Adept I

The huge AMD company brings a broken update and still hasn't removed it until they fix it. And when you brought the update, didn't you check why these games suck so much? You are truly disgraceful. Your sam feature is also terrible, all your features, performance, display, fps, technologies, everything is terrible and not user-friendly. In addition, nvidia graphics cards offer better image quality. In addition, you create unnoticeable changes and distortions in the image settings in order to show that we are using the default settings and optimize them.

0 Likes
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

Blah blah blah

Anything constructive to add? Or just whine!

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

Hmm .. 

Is your motherboard's BIOS up to date?

Do you have the latest AM4 chipset drivers installed from AMD.com ?

What power supply make and model are you running?

Generally good practice to run separate power cables from your power supply to each power input on your GPU

Are you running any cable extenders INSIDE your case .. ie .. PCIe riser cable ..etc .. ?

How is the air flow thru your case?

How are your CPU/GPU temps?

What speed is your RAM actually running at in Windows?

What SSD's are you running? Are their respective firmware's up to date?

RX550 2GB seemed to have issues ..but went away once I got a better power supply

RX570 8GB zero issues

RX580 4GB zero issues

RX 5700xt x2 zero issues on 3 different setups

6700xt zero issues in 3 different'ish setups 

RX 6800 zero issues on 3 different setups

RX 7900XT zero issues on 2 different setups

All ran/are still running on AM4 or AM5 platforms

Issues I have encountered where from me over tweaking my RAM or as mentioned, from using a garbage power supply and then resolved with getting a decent one

All of GPU's were bought used except for one of the 5700xt's and my current 7900xt

Daughter is currently running an AM5 setup with the RX 6800 that I used to run in my AM4 setup. She ran it in her AM4 setup before I upgraded her

Wife was running a 5700xt on her AM4 setup and then on her AM5 setup before I traded the card for an ARC A750. I wanted to "play" with one of Intel's GPU offerings.

I didn't list the iGPU's that I've used in setups over the years on AM4 and now AM5 .. they worked without issue too .. I even ran 3 monitors off of my wife's old 2200g years ago

To answer your closing question there .. 

Stability and GPU's that just worked.. and worked well

That's my experience anyways

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Hello, thank you for trying to help. The exact problems I mentioned are problems unrelated to me. So every user is alive. Those who say they do not live may only use their computer to watch videos on Google or play 2D games. Even in these, AMD has had and continues to have problems from time to time.

0 Likes

I'm guessing english isn't your first language? .. sounds like a mis-google translate thing as it makes absolutely no sense

But again .. no issues here, I've had good success with the plethora of AMD video cards I have ran over the years

I am also guessing you are not looking for a possible solution to your issue(s) but are simply wanting to rant/complain..?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Crashes and loss of performance in videos, projects, and Windows crashes are among the problems that have been going on for a long time, although they are not as much as they used to be. Errors such as wattman error or adrenaline crash are rare problems, but the most well-known problem at the moment is that although the latest software version of AMD has terrible performance losses in many games, especially Fortnite, the new update is released without checking these and it is still not removed and continues to be published as the latest version and it is still new. If the new version does not arrive and the other problems I mentioned are not solved, new problems constantly arise, broken and empty technologies. Old problems cannot be fixed, new problems are constantly being created. There is no problem with my computer, my hardware is fine. Everything I have is up to date and default.

0 Likes
Nexima
Adept I

rx 6700xt 24.6.1 fortnite chapter 5 season 3 gameplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDs38OklgdE&t=7s

0 Likes
Hibiscus
Adept II

I troubleshooted my Rx 7600 for 4 months, and i ended up gaslighting myself into thinking that my PC was the actual issue and not the GPU itself. when i finally had the chance to install the GPU on a completely different PC, the same error and problems appeared. in the end, the GPU was most probably defective since for some reason it couldnt install its Drivers correctly. Firmware (which was ofc the official one), temperatures, stress tests were all completely fine, but the drivers simply couldnt be installed.

some people straight up told me to play on 6 months old drivers (which i tried and also wouldnt work, i tried so many), like it was a normal thing to do. couldnt imagine hypothetically spending 1k euros for a 7900xtx and then having to deal with all of this.

Azureskies
Adept II

You are venting about your problems but I'm guessing 95% or more are self inflicted. Using AMD's built in software to stream and not using OBS??? like what planet are you living on, that just makes no sense. Also your 5600 could very well be holding your system back when you try and use the FSR through AMD's drivers.

Don't get me wrong AMD has problems, I wasn't able to play FFXIV for 6 months after I got my 7900XT and literally switched back to my 3060 because of it. However the things you are explaining that are problems are all very.... odd.

0 Likes
BigTacious
Adept III

roll back to 24.5.1. Wait like a week or two before updating drivers

5900X | Sapphire Nitro 7900XTX | 64gb RAM 3600mhz CL16 | x570 TUF WiFi