cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

yhercan
Journeyman III

the latest amd driver causes freezing for 3-5 and i experience fps drops

Hello! I use a HP 15-AF157NA laptop. My os is A8 7410 APU with Radeon R5 Graphics. My problem is that I cannot use the latest version of the driver of my grapichs because when I installed it with not problem, I freeze for 3-5 sec and this is happen regularly again and again. Therefore, I cannot play the games easily. I suffer from fps drops seriously. So I have to know either how can I install my grapich driver without any problem or how can I use my external graphics that is R5 m330. Please help me!

0 Likes
1 Solution

No you can't use the 2022 driver because it isn't compatible with your APU Integrated Graphics or discrete GPU card. You MUST use the APU Graphics driver from 2021 which is compatible with both GPUs in your laptop.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

If HP Support AMD Driver a few months older than AMD basic  Mobile driver I suggest you use HP driver instead.

But if HP AMD Driver is really out-dated than you can try the last AMD driver for your APU Processor from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a8-series-apu-for-laptops/a8-7410-radeo...

The APU Driver installs both the IGPU and Discrete GPU drivers automatically.

You didn't mention if you are using the latest driver (2022) or the last APU driver from 06/21/2021.

Note: The HP AMD Driver is from 2016 and the last BIOS version is from 2019: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-af100-notebook-pc-series/8543365/model/890363...

Screenshot 2022-04-05 080758.png

I'll try Thank you

0 Likes

I installed the BIOS but I did not install the driver of the graphics because I already use 17.2.1 verision of the graphics. After this BIOS, can I use the 2022 of the driver?

0 Likes

No you can't use the 2022 driver because it isn't compatible with your APU Integrated Graphics or discrete GPU card. You MUST use the APU Graphics driver from 2021 which is compatible with both GPUs in your laptop.

Thank you for all!!!

0 Likes

I recently replaced my motherboard it is same as old  ( amd a8 7410 with r5 graphics

I changed the ssd as well wen i install windows on it and do windows update or graphic driver install its giveing blue screen and screen freeze error

Here is the code from minidump file ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe

And after few restarts its showing in device manager that windows stoped this driver because its causeing a problem 

And wen i try to install 2021 version on grapic driver its again go on blue screen whale installation

And give this error on blue screen

Kernel mode heap corruption

Please 🥺 help me i lost my all money on this 6 year old laptop

0 Likes

Also..assuming you are using Win 10/11 you assign which graphics card to use in a game through windows setting.

Go to settings / System / Display and scroll down to Graphics

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_3.png

I know this way but in my options, both  high performance and power saving modes work with R5, not with m330 

0 Likes