cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

codyg1992
Adept I

Tekken 8 UE polaris crash

Hello, trying to find a solution for my issue. Experiencing crashing on a certain stage in Tekken 8. Game runs great, just hangs on this one stage for a reason I can't figure out as it happens seemingly randomly and sometimes not at all.

this is the error I get:

LowLevelFatalError [File:D:\p4\eagle\v100_xx-build_pkg_win\ue\Engine\Source\Runtime\D3D12RHI\Private\D3D12Util.cpp] [Line: 1168]
CurrentQueue.Fence.D3DFence->GetCompletedValue() failed
at D:\p4\eagle\v100_xx-build_pkg_win\ue\Engine\Source\Runtime\D3D12RHI\Private\D3D12Submission.cpp:939
with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED with Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
ASUS Radeon RX 5600 XT

installed to SSD.

Looking around online I've found many official and bootleg fixes, none has worked for me and the majority of the people experiencing this crash are in the same boat. Asking here in the hopes that I can get some insight.

Is this something AMD will fix? It looks like a driver error but I could be wrong. 

Submitted plenty of bug reports from different instances of the crash hoping it will help. 

I see this is a common conflict between UE5 and some hardware, and am a little worried that being in the minority I may never see a fix for this.

11 Replies
teezus
Journeyman III

I have the exact same PC you have and the exact same issue. 

Very frustrating trying to climb the ranks and you lose points when this basically means you lose

Indeed, definitely frustrating. For me, the crash has only happened on Fallen Destiny or w.e. No performance issues on the stage either.

Thanks for the comment, let's hope this gets figured out soon.

0 Likes
Lindes
Adept I

AMD Ryzen 5 1600

RAM 16.0 GB

Sapphire RX 5600 XT

I have the same problem, it's been frustrating.

Lindes
Adept I

The crash only occurs in the Fallen Destiny stage. Training at this stage and crash all time

fallen.jpg

tekken 8 crash.png

I'm trying driver version 23.12.1, not crash in training. I'll be back later to tell how online is going.

0 Likes
codyg1992
Adept I

I have only crashed on this stage, yes. Others have said yakushima and some others but it seems like my card and some others don't play nice with this one in particular.

Wanted to share something with you that I've found has helped so far, extremely hesitant to call it a fix but perhaps this will increase your stability like it seems to have for me. Fingers crossed.

I used ProcessLasso to disable SMT for T8 AND Polaris. Practiced on Fallen Destiny for a good while, did a few ghost battles (which was sure fire way to cause the crash before) and have not crashed yet where as before it wouldn't take very long, or perhaps right on loading the stage. (If you try this be mindful to check the affinity option each time you open the game, the affinity for Polaris specifically has reset to default for me on startup and im not sure why.) I have left practice mode on for about a half hour and done a few ghost and npc battles, no crashing so far.

Going to play some ranked I think and see how it works online.

I also have administrator and win8 compatibility on for both and lowered the power consumption for my video card with adrenaline by 5%. I am also launching the game with '-force -dx12' in the launch options.

Here is a capture of my settings if you want to copy them exactly. I am going to keep testing today since I have a day off and let you know how it goes. If this doesn't work I plan to disable SMT in the bios and download a potato mod for the stage and see if that helps.

settings240211.JPG

0 Likes
codyg1992
Adept I

Alright, so disabling SMT seems to have improved stability, but, once again, got the UE polaris crash in much the same way, same stage.

Gone the last few hours with this mod installed: https://tekkenmods.com/mod/3213/semi-potato-fallen-destiny-tekken-8 and have experienced no crashes on the stage since. I've played for a good while longer than when I experienced the crash earlier, obviously though I wouldn't guarantee that this works, but I've heard from someone else on the steam forums that this solved it for them as well. So here's hoping. I'll update in a day or so when I have a chance to play again.

0 Likes

Try change your drive to 23.12.1, for me worked, without crash on fallen destiny!

0 Likes

Glad to hear it's working for you! My method has been working so far as well.

Played for several hours today, many matches on Fallen Destiny, no crashes. If it crashes again I will update.

0 Likes
Ashtray3250
Adept II

@dipak please report this problem to the developers , as this problem affects 6800XT and 6950XT

0 Likes
nullbet4
Journeyman III

Same problem. using the semi potato stage seems to fix the issue.

specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Sapphire Pulse 6600

16gb

0 Likes