cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tanaxer
Journeyman III

System instability caused by using memory that not on the motherboard QVL

I just build a new PC, and it has been quite a troublesome experience ( I'll leave the specs at the end ).

At first I had some compatibility issue with the drive I bought, but switching it fixed everything until now.
After installing Windows and everything, every time I open some app my screen goes black and after a while a msg appears showing a timeout of de graphic driver.

At first I thought it could be another problem with my hardware. But after I uninstalled the amd driver the problem stopped. 

I was wondering if someone had a similar issue, or can help me fix this issue.

specs
=======
APU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700g
RAM: G.Skill DDR4 2x8GB 3600Hz
SSD: Kingston 500gb nvme m.2
PS: evga 600w 

0 Likes
1 Solution
tanaxer
Journeyman III

UPDATE: After testing diferent recomendations, I found out that the problem was caused because my ram wasnt compatible with the CPU.

Recomendation to anyone who is having similar issues, check the QVL of your hardware!!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Seems like many Users are having issues with Black Screens and crashes with the 5000 Series APU processors.

Use search at AMD Forum and see which of the several threads is closest to your problem and see if they were able to fix the problem or you can reply to the thread yourself.

0 Likes
tanaxer
Journeyman III

UPDATE: After testing diferent recomendations, I found out that the problem was caused because my ram wasnt compatible with the CPU.

Recomendation to anyone who is having similar issues, check the QVL of your hardware!!