cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

icecubetr
Journeyman III

AMD drivers don't have support for HD 6610M

Hello, my laptop has an HD 6610M gpu, but AMD drivers does not recognize this gpu, nor the amd website does:

gpu list

As you can see at the picture above, it's not even included in the list. Now, my laptop's manufacturer released a driver in 2013(catalyst 13.9) which is very old and does not work on Windows 10 and when I try to install the latest drivers for switchable graphics cards(15.7.1 and 16.2.1) it detects my gpu as "AMD Radeon HD 7500/7600 Series" and it does not work properly, the performance is very low because the driver is not compatible.

Hadrware ID of this GPU is missing in AMD official drivers, hardware ID:

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6742&SUBSYS_23931019&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6742&SUBSYS_23931019
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6742&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6742&CC_0300

I managed to modify your drivers to add support for this gpu and while it works on Windows 7, it doesn't work on Windows 10 at all. Why does AMD drivers not have support for the HD 6610M?

There are many people who have this gpu and they suffer from the same problem in my country. Please help us and provide us a solution. If you manage to solve this problem it won't only help me but it will help hundreds of people who can't use their gpu on Windows 10, I will share the solution with them in my own language as well.

0 Likes
14 Replies

What APU or processor do you have?

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION 

This graphics is not supported on WIN10 anyhow. DX11 card. You will have to use what Microsoft/Windows update...but no switchable graphics.

0 Likes

I don't have an APU. I have a 2nd gen. intel core i7 cpu with Intel HD Graphics 3000 and AMD Radeon HD 6610M, intel+amd gpu combinations are called switchable graphics and they are supported on Windows 10 with the driver version of 16.2.1. But as I mentioned above, for some reason AMD drivers don't support this gpu while they support HD 6630M, HD 6670M etc.

0 Likes

Your main problem is...thanks for finally giving us your computer specs...your laptop does not meet the minimum requirements. The Intel 3000 graphics is the main problem and a old outdated AMD graphics card is the second issue. You should let Microsoft update the drivers. You will not have the 'switchable' function anymore.

https://community.amd.com/thread/190079 

Intel HD Graphics 3000 is working fine, I use leshcat drivers for that like many people on Windows 10. If that was the problem I would have mentioned it. Not sure what is the cause of your anger but AMD Radeon HD 66XXM series graphics cards do support Windows 10 with Crimson 16.2.1. Quote from the link:

AMD Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility AMD Radeon™ HD 6000M Series Graphics

Compatible Operating Systems Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit version)

Anyways, I believe I explained the issue well on my original post. Here is another thread about the same problem. HD 6610M is not included in the list, nor recognized by the drivers:

amd

0 Likes

If your using the latest Leshcat drivers then you have the latest driver (16.2.1) from AMD for that card...that is the extent of AMD support. There is nothing in current drivers that will drastically improve your laptop.

Leshcat got out of the business a few years ago because of one issue..keeping up with Microsoft changes.

0 Likes

The AMD Installer is designed to support systems configured with GCN based graphics cards.  It appears that your system includes one of the following products which is not based on GCN Architecture:

AMD Radeon™ R5 235XAMD Radeon™ HD 8350 Series
AMD Radeon™ R5 235AMD Radeon™ HD 8000 ( D/G variants)
AMD Radeon™ R5 230AMD Radeon™ HD 7600 Series & below
AMD Radeon™ R5 220AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 8470AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series

Solution

The products listed above have been moved to a legacy support model and no additional driver releases are planned.

The final Beta driver for these products was AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 and the final WHQL driver was AMD Catalyst Software Suite 15.7.1.  Both driver versions for supported Operating Systems can be downloaded from the links below:

The problem is when I install the latest drivers for switchable graphics cards(15.7.1 and 16.2.1) they detect my gpu as "AMD Radeon HD 7500/7600 Series" and my gpu doesn't work properly, it can only use 4MB of Vram because the driver is not compatible.

That is because Hadrware ID of this GPU is missing.

So I edited the .inf files in Driver Folder>Packages\Drivers\Display\W7_INF to add the hardware id(PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6742&SUBSYS_23931019) of this gpu:

driver1

After I installed the driver which I edited the list of to add support for HD 6610M, the gpu works fine. No matter what the version is(16.2.1, 14.4 etc.) my edited & unsigned drivers work on Windows 7. But I can't get them to work on Windows 10. Btw I copied this 3 lines of code for HD 6610M from the manufacturer's driver(13.9whql) which is from 2013 and is the latest driver compatible with this gpu.

People who have this gpu wouldn't face this problem only if AMD developers would have supported this gpu with their drivers(15.7.1 and 16.2.1). I fail to understand why their drivers have support for HD 6630M or HD 6650M but not for HD 6610M.

It would only take them 5 minutes to add support for this gpu and re-release a new/old but an official driver.

0 Likes

The HD6630M or the HD6650 are not supported either:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-6000m-series/amd-radeon-hd-6630m 

All these Legacy graphics are DX11 or earlier...Win 10= DX12.1

0 Likes

See the issue is you can download those drivers for HD 6630M from the link you sent, but replace 6630m with 6610m and you will get "Page not found". Let alone driver support for Windows 10, you can't even get Windows 7 drivers for this graphics card from AMD's website.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-6000m-series/amd-radeon-hd-6610m 

6610m

The only available & compatible driver for this gpu is the one manufacturer(ECS) released in 2013 which can only be downloaded from 3rd party websites or the manufacturer's website. All I'm asking from AMD is them to add support for HD 6610M to 16.2.1 and 15.7.1 drivers and re-release those drivers and add 6610M to their website in addition to HD 6630M and HD 6650M.

driver2

0 Likes

AMD Whistler GPU Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database 

According to this....the 'Whistler' graphics design was used by the following graphics cards: It was not a mainstream card:

I would try installing the 6630M or other same series driver. It should install...but that doesn't effect the Win10 issue.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-6000m-series/amd-radeon-hd-6630m 

0 Likes

Already tried many times. They are not compatible, when I install the latest drivers for similar gpus(version 15.7.1 or 16.2.1) they detect my gpu as "AMD Radeon HD 7500/7600 Series" and my gpu doesn't work properly, it can only use 4MB of Vram because the driver is not compatible, not in Windows 7 as well, the reason is those drivers are missing the hardware id of HD 6610M: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6742&SUBSYS_23931019

HD 6630M is not a mainstream gpu either but it is supported by AMD's latest drivers for non-GCN gpus and included in the list on the driver download page.

but that doesn't effect the Win10 issue.

Crimson 16.2.1 is compatible with Windows 10.

I want to be able to select HD 6610M from the list on AMD's website and download the latest compatible driver for my gpu. Is this too much to ask for? Why does AMD not stand behind their product? This graphics card has zero support. I have sent AMD a support ticket about this issue.

0 Likes

icecubetr wrote:

Crimson 16.2.1 is compatible with Windows 10.

Yes..maybe...but that doesn't change the fact of the Intel graphics which are not compatible with Windows10. Your 'leshcat' drivers hacked a way to match the unsupported Intel graphics to pair with the 16.2.1 AMD drivers. That hack doesn't seem to be working anymore...which is why he gave up.

Also the Intel HD3000 is not supported for Windows 10. The generic drivers furnished by Microsoft will not include a control panel so no switchable graphics. Check Device Manager / Display.