cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

VV_101
Journeyman III

System Crash when gaming

Whenever I try to start a game things get firing up and then the screen goes black and my system resets. Adrenaline gives me the window below, and I followed the instructions on that page but it didn't work. At my wits end with this.

VV_101_0-1685394684740.png

0 Likes
8 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

Stop Windows from updating drivers
https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-stop-automatic-driver-updates/

Download latest drivers from AMD.com but don't install yet

Download program called "DDU" .. run it and remove all past/present drivers of whatever video cards you've had running on this install of Windows .. ie .. IF you had an Nvidia card ..then also remove Nvidia drivers as well as AMD drivers ... reboot .. and THEN install GPU drivers that you have already downloaded.

ThreeDee PC specs

I did this, but the crash keeps happening. Checked in my Device Manager and the graphics card is being disabled by something.

0 Likes

I was also going to say go into Device Manager go to your GPU and right Click and hit Uninstall Device and then go to Actions and Hit Scan for Hardware Changes it should switch the GPU off of the Windows Driver and onto the Actual AMD Driver 

0 Likes
ReaperMopar
Adept II

I applied a Slight Overclock like one Commenter said on another Post it was Min Frequency to 5% and Power Limit to 50 and seems to have helped my Crashing on my RX6800XT They really need to figure out why this happening because I learned it's just the GPU Crashing when mine did it I connected to my PC through Remote Desktop and it was still running fine it just showed the Graphics Driver crashed and wouldn't come back

0 Likes

How do you apply an overclock?

0 Likes

Go to your Radeon Adrenaline Software go to Performance and then in tuning go Manual and adjust the sliders 

0 Likes
alicja01
Journeyman III

I applied a Slight Overclock like one Commenter said on another Post it was Min Frequency to 5% and Power Limit to 50 and seems to have helped my Crashing on my RX6800XT They really need to figure out why this happening because I learned it's just the GPU Crashing when mine did it

0 Likes
alicja01
Journeyman III

I applied a Slight Overclock like one Commenter said on another Post it was Min Frequency to 5% and Power Limit to 50 and seems to have helped my Crashing  on my RX6800XT They really need to figure out why this happening because I learned it's just the GPU Crashing when mine did it I connected to my PC through Remote Desktop and it was still running fine it just showed the Graphics Driver crashed and wouldn't come

0 Likes