cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

oty123456
Journeyman III

AMD HDMI driver not compatible with windows platform

I have a problem installing AMD HDMI audio drivers i have windows 10 22h2 and amd r7 m340Screenshot 2023-07-28 165033.png

i encounter the error above anyone who has a solution

3 Replies
Dragokar
Miniboss

Which driver version are you trying to install. The latest legacy driver for your gpu is the 22.6.1 is here:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-22-6-1-legacy

0 Likes

Dragokar thanks for the response

i have installed the latest driver 22.6.1 but at the audio it is showing not available i am not getting audio through my hdmi output, so i tried to install the hdmi driver manually from the folder where amd extracts the set-up files then i got the compatibility error,   for some reason amd legacy 22.6.1 driver is not installing the audio drivers and i dunno why, 

0 Likes

What does Windows Sound Panel show?

If Windows Sound Panel is showing the Main Audio Device as being connected to the motherboard and not to the GPU card you won't have any sound from the GPU Card.

Make sure the Main Audio Device in Sound Panel is the one showing AMD HD AUDIO as Default. 

Also you seemed to have a Laptop since you are posting a Laptop Mobile GPU card.

If so you need to download your Laptop's AMD APU Driver that will install both the IGPU and DGPU in your laptop.

Unless you have a Intel APU then you just need to download the DGPU driver.

If you do have an Intel APU you must have the latest Intel APU Graphics driver and Chipset installed plus the latest BIOS version for your laptop.

Use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) with the internet disconnected and AMD Driver Installation Folder at C:\AMD deleted BEFORE installing the current AMD driver again.

NOTE: Can you upload a GPU-Z image of your laptop's GPUs to see if the AMD is correctly installed?