cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

HDNU7
Journeyman III

System Crash, Faulty Driver?

So, I'm facing a pretty annoying issue. Sometimes, my entire computer crashes, and I don't know the issue or how to fully fix it. I'm not great with computers so I don't really know where to start. I've only been able to temporarily fix it so I can continue doing my work, and that only lasts a bit. But I do know a bit about the symptoms, so I'll describe my experience and hopefully someone can help me?

1. My monitors go black. I have 3 monitors in a row, and when the issue happens, they all go black. 
  2. Just pressing the power off or restart button on my PC doesn't work, I have to physically hold down each button to force it.
  3. When my computer turns on again, my center screen is usually fine, one of the other two mirrors that monitor, while the third stays black and inactive despite being on.
    1. My center screen is connected via Display Port, and also can connect via Bluetooth. Don't know which one causes it to function normally when rebooted, but it does.
    2. The screen that mirrors my functional one is ALWAYS whichever monitor is plugged into a specific port on my PC, the one by the Display Port. And the one that stays black is ALWAYS whichever monitor is plugged into the other HDMI port. 
  4. Upon opening the Device Manager, my Display Adapter is easily noticed as facing an issue. It's disabled, and displaying a Code 22 "This device is disabled." Then, upon reenabling it, a Code 31 "This device is not working properly." That error code is caused because Windows cannot load the drivers required for the device. 
  5. The only ways I've found to actually work in fixing the issue are redownloading the latest driver for my Radeon RX 580 which is inconvenient and probably not smart, and to use Win+Ctrl+Shift+B and then restart my computer. 

I don't know what to do guys, can someone help? I don't know if it's about the driver version since this has happened with multiple driver versions. 

0 Likes
0 Replies