Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

spatha
Adept I

Stuttering in specific spots in destiny 2

Hello, 

I have a 7800x3d and an rx 7800 XT.  I noticed in certain spots in destiny 2 (like the tower near the vaults or in the landing patrol zone in the back of the map over the bridge) I will get a stutter without fail.  Each time I pass over the spots my game will stutter.  Sometimes the GPU power drops a little bit, but I can get it to stutter without the drop in wattage.  I have no idea what's causing this.  And the funny thing is, I updated my bios to the latest version and downloaded the update preview for windows 11, and the problem was fixed.  No stuttering at all in any spot in the game.  But when I booted up just a day ago, I noticed that the stuttering came back.  I disabled EXPO and cleared shader chache, but I put EXPO back on and it still stutters no matter what my configuration.  Does anyone here play destiny 2 that has similar experience?  The game runs fine otherwise, just in certain spots in patrol zones and the tower, i get the stutters (almost as if there's a load zone, or at least it seems like).  Any suggestions or help is appreciated.  I'm gonna turn the pc off for a few days.  Been troubleshooting this whole time

0 Likes
2 Replies
spatha
Adept I

Just to add, my mobo is TUF b650-E WIFI and I'm on latest bios and all my chipset drivers are the latest version from the mobo support page. 

0 Likes
spatha
Adept I

So, does anyone have any insight to share in this matter?  Can anyone at least tell me if it's normal?  

0 Likes