cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lord_xenu
Adept I

Space Marine 2 Crashing 24.8.1

As the title explains, I'm having crashing in SM2 after the first mission. My specs are below. I'm not sure what else I can do (I've already reformatted earlier this year due to crashes in other games, which fixed those). My settings have gone from highest to medium to low, limited FPS to 90, changed from full screen to windowed and back.  I've tried quite a bit.  Even ran memtest86, DDU for new drivers.  Can't play for more than 5-10 minutes without the game crashing, then the bug reports from both the game and AMD drivers open, but I can't click them 9/10 times due to the game still taking priority and having to just restart or close those windows all together.  I'm hoping there's a driver update and game update this week as the game fully launches today (9/9) and I don't want to really try the preview drivers as I haven't needed to do those ever before.

If you're playing and experiencing/not experiencing any issues, what did you do to fix it?

AMD 7900x (6.07.22.037 chipset drivers)
AMD 7900 XTX with 24.8.1 drivers (resintalled after DDU)
32GB Corsair Ram @/6000mhz
X670E-A Gaming Wifi Motherboard from ASUS (updated in June 2024, not sure which version)
1000 watt Corsair PSU
Windows is fully updated

0 Likes
4 Replies

It also crashes on 24.10.37.10, so its not a fix

specs:

7900xtx
9 7950X3D
32GB kingston fury ram

0 Likes
brycehat1738
Journeyman III

hey I have a similar build as you and was having the same issue.  I went into the steam launch options and put the command -refresh 120. substitute the 120 for whatever refresh rate you use and hopefully that'll fix your issue

2ristede
Adept I

Have the same issues. Also on 7900xtx. The beta driver only made it from very often to less often. Tried just about everything i can think off and advice from ppl. Giving up on the game for now, seems hopeless.

99.7 stable in 3dmark Firestrike torture test.  Works on all other games. Wukong was the same horrible first day experience, but the beta driver fixed that. This time not so much.

0 Likes