Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kodiakcreativity
Journeyman III

Software problems with driver 22.20 and 22.10 Blender and Digikam

AMD Radeon 5700XT

Linux, Ubuntu 20.04LTS

I recently installed Driver version 22.10 and then the very recently released 22.20 and I am having problems with at least two pieces of software which worked fine before when I was using the open source driver. I need the pro driver for OpenCL to get another program which requires it to work.

with 22.10 and 22.20 specifically in Blender (3.2.1, the latest version) there are these pink screen artifacts all over the Video Sequencer window's timeline background. its so specific, I see this nowhere else in the program and its only in this one window. uninstalling the pro driver however fixed it immediately after a reboot so its something with the drivers.

What happens to blender on amddgpu 22.10 and 22.20.png

Another program which fails completely with this driver is digikam, in this case I get nothing but a blank window when I try to run it. it seems to be responding, messages get posted to the terminal and I can close it without problems, but the UI is just gone. also runs fine with the open source driver.

Anyone know what could be going on? the open CL software I am trying to get working is Davinci Resolve 18. Is there an older driver I should revert to that would be more stable?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
0 Replies