cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

PythonCoderPro
Challenger

So I've heard a lot a problems reported for AMD Adrenalin 23.9.1

Are these reports real? Should I wait for the next version to be released, or should I just go ahead and download and install it?

Asus ZenBook UX407IQ, Ryzen 5 4500u with Radeon graphics, Nvidia mx350, 8gb LPDDR4X ram, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb SSD, Win11 home
2 Solutions

Unless it offers support for a title you want to play or an application you use, I wouldn't update it. Laptops are finicky with drivers they need to function as advertised.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

View solution in original post

I have decided to wait to the next version comes out before updating. Thanks for all the answers!

Asus ZenBook UX407IQ, Ryzen 5 4500u with Radeon graphics, Nvidia mx350, 8gb LPDDR4X ram, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb SSD, Win11 home

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Imperium77
Journeyman III

AS far as I can tell the installation file is not working correctly.  Really bad for myself since its the only driver for my  7800xt and I cant install it.   So yes skip it and dont buy a 7700xt or 7800xt until you hear of a fix.

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I only had one bug, and that was the first two times I opened Adrenalin, it froze. I restarted two times and it has been fine since. I am on last gen hardware though.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

@cpurpe91  So do you think I should go ahead and install it?

0 Likes

Unless it offers support for a title you want to play or an application you use, I wouldn't update it. Laptops are finicky with drivers they need to function as advertised.

I have decided to wait to the next version comes out before updating. Thanks for all the answers!

stickan
Adept I

I created a thread a while ago where I stated a problem with the mouse cursor appearing in CS2, the drivers also screw up the colours when redering in VEGAS Pro. I'd say don't update unless you really need to, seems to be pretty buggy, at least for those who wish to do content with a new 7800xt

0 Likes
lowteck
Miniboss

AMD Processors with Radeon Graphics Product Compatibility

Important Note for Laptop and All-In-One (AIO) PCs 

AMD recommends OEM-provided drivers which are customized and validated for their system-specific features and optimizations.
If you experience issues using the AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition driver package downloaded from AMD.com, please install the OEM-provided drivers for full support and compatibility.
AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition does not include support for handheld gaming devices.  Users should check with the OEM for device specific drivers.

This sounds like you code monkey. Cheers, Lowteck.

Too Many CPUs & GPUs to list...
0 Likes