cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Tasslehoff
Journeyman III

Can't install any New or old AMD Driver packages

Hi everyone, I tried updating my 23.7.2 drivers to 23.9.1 within adrenaline software however upon install it said another instance is running.  I manually downloaded the install package, shut down everything in task manager, tried the install package again no dice.  Tried the 23.8.1 and older 23.7.1 packages same instance is running error.  I'd previously updated the drivers twice before fine within adrenaline fine having built the system in May.

I tried using DDU uninstaller in safe mode which completed fine.  Upon reboot tried installing the full AMD driver package but couldn't believe it receiving the exact same error.  I had to resort to a system restore and started panicking on reboot with nothing but a black screen but resolved it bringing up task manager closing and reopening the explorer process which brought the desktop background screen back up which has me with a usable system but adrenaline GUI software no longer loads.  Currently have the 23.7.2 drivers confirmed installed as shown by msi afterburner and games run fine but the adrenaline gui refuses to load with no error message.  AMD cleanup utility also doesn't seem to run.  Almost at wits end as I'm extremely hesistant to uninstall the current drivers again without any previous restore points available.

Ryzen 7 7700, Powercolor 7900XTX, Adata 64GB 6000 cl30 RAM, GB Aorus Elite b650 mobo f8c bios, Windows 11 64 bit

0 Likes
1 Solution
Tasslehoff
Journeyman III

Okay I figured it out, I'd set the windows user temp and tmp variables to another external drive I'd since disconnected which I assume the amd driver packages were throwing a hissy fit over, reenabled the drive and can successfully reinstall gpu drivers and software

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Tasslehoff
Journeyman III

Okay I figured it out, I'd set the windows user temp and tmp variables to another external drive I'd since disconnected which I assume the amd driver packages were throwing a hissy fit over, reenabled the drive and can successfully reinstall gpu drivers and software