Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

itscreativejj
Journeyman III

Smart Access Graphics with Adobe software

Hi there,

I'm having issues with Premiere Pro 24.2.1 and my ASUS TUF A16 laptop. The laptop has Smart Access Graphics which, switches between the CPU-integrated graphics and the GPU for certain software.

When opening Premiere Pro, Smart Access switches to the GPU to cover the workload but, I think this is causing issues. Premiere runs and plays back footage very well but, stutters and freezes my mouse and menus for around 10-20 seconds every few moments.

I have updated all drivers across the laptop. Posting the laptop specs below:

ASUS TUF Gaming A16

-Windows 11 Home 64-bit

-16GB Ram

-512MB ATI AMD Radeon Graphics (integrated)

-8176MB ATI AMD Radeon RX 7600S

Has anybody else faced these issues?

Thanks, /JJ

1 Solution
itscreativejj
Journeyman III

POTENTIAL FIX

- Make sure all graphics drivers are up to date across AMD Adrenalin and ARMOURY CRATE

- Switch to 'Windows' mode in ARMOURY CRATE

itscreativejj_0-1710000543689.png

- Switch to 'Hybrid Graphics Mode' on AMD Adrenalin (this should stop your laptop from switching between CPU and GPU graphics when opening Adobe software)

itscreativejj_1-1710000587502.png

Premiere Pro seemed to run smoothly after completing the above. I will update with any changes.

/JJ

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
nebel
Adept I

Hi, I have the same problem. I would also like to know - where can I find details of how this function works? How many RAM should I allocate to the iGpu? If I use the iGpu only for this purpose, can I set a minimum of 32 MB?

0 Likes
itscreativejj
Journeyman III

POTENTIAL FIX

- Make sure all graphics drivers are up to date across AMD Adrenalin and ARMOURY CRATE

- Switch to 'Windows' mode in ARMOURY CRATE

itscreativejj_0-1710000543689.png

- Switch to 'Hybrid Graphics Mode' on AMD Adrenalin (this should stop your laptop from switching between CPU and GPU graphics when opening Adobe software)

itscreativejj_1-1710000587502.png

Premiere Pro seemed to run smoothly after completing the above. I will update with any changes.

/JJ

0 Likes