Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

TerryBerry9
Adept I

Ryzen master showing faulty information

image.png

The information in ryzen master is wrong and I don't know how to correct it. The temp is -1 and the power along with the clockspeed is also wrong. Is there anything I can do to fi this?

13 Replies
FunkZ
Paragon

Are you on the latest version of Ryzen Master 2.12.0.2806 and what version of Windows?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

I am on the latetst issue of Ryzen Master, I just dowloaded it because I also have the issue in the AMD software for my GPU where it says that the temperature of my CPU is 0. But when using other applications such as HWiNFO64, it shows up just fine. 

So both Ryzen Master and AMD Adrenalin are reporting incorrectly?

What motherboard and BIOS version are you using? And what version and release of Windows?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT

Oh also yes it is both AMD adrenalin and ryzen master that are not showing the CPU information correctly

Also I think my previous reply was not a reply to you but it is in the thread. It contains the info about my motherboard and bios version

I will piggyback and am also seeing this right now. 

MSI Center, HWiNFO, etc. show 'normal' CPU readings but Ryzen Master, Adrenaline show... not the right information: 

MSI x670e Carbon Wifi mobo, ryzen 7 7800x3d, 7900xtx

adrenalineoverlay.pngScreenshot 2024-02-08 095418.png

TerryBerry9
Adept I

Im using an msi B650 GAMING PLUS WIFI and i am on version E7E26AMS.130 I believe (idk if that this the version, if its not I'll try search deeper to find it). And I am on the latest version of windows 11. Here is screenshot from the bios showing the version along with the fact that it is indeed recording CPU temps.

e8e373f3-91cf-4a09-81f8-3f64a702c81f.jpg

0 Likes
MoMoney420
Journeyman III

I'm experiencing the same issue which seems to have popped up in the new bios update for the b550 A Pro Series. I'm on the previous bios version 7C56vAH and all the latest drivers as per Windows Update and the AMD support site for driver downloads for this desktop PC config. I will update to version 7C56vAI1(Beta version) for my motherboard and report back with whether it fixes it or not. They supposedly fixed the SOC Voltage reading error in version 7C56vAG which is true, but it came back in version 7C56vAH. I have Ryzen Master fully updated and installed and I can say that I have the incorrect information in both AMD: Adrenalin Software v24.4.1 and Ryzen Master v2.13.0.2908

Device Specs:
Device name MSI-DesktopPC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

Graphics AMD Radeon RX 6600 Non-XT 8GB VRAM
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
Device ID 3F25678A-ADFE-4C2F-9371-FC2DCB36433D
Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA171
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Windows Specs:
Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 23H2
Installed on ‎3/‎24/‎2024
OS build 22631.3527
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1003.0

AMD Ryzen Master PC InformationAMD Ryzen Master PC Information

AMD Software Adrenalin Edition CPU MetricsAMD Software Adrenalin Edition CPU Metrics

0 Likes

UPDATE: I updated my bios from what I listed in my post to version 7C56vAI1(Beta version) and it seems to have fixed the cpu metrics reading error on both adrenalin edition software and ryzen master. I am going through a per core Precision Boost Overdrive auto optimization in Ryzen Master as per what I had done previously with my CPU and hopefully when I restart, everything will still be fixed. I don't see why it wouldn't but just assume if I don't respond here in a few minutes then everything was fine after the restart. The reading error definitely seems to be a problem with the last bios version I had.

0 Likes

Yeah, all the information was fine and working until I reinstalled Windows 11 Pro. After the first boot up and installing the drivers again, it messed up the metrics. Would be nice to see it fixed but so far, nothing PC breaking has been happening. Just the weird reported -1 metrics value across the board. Going to overclock with Ryzen Master as I always do and report back on whether it messes with PC functionality. Wish me luck y'all. Again, if I don't come back, y'all know it done finally worked.

0 Likes

After the Ryzen Master optimization completed, I restarted my computer as instructed through the prompts in ryzen master. After I came back into Windows 11 after entering my pin and everything from the lock screen when I got to the desktop Ryzen Master booted itself up since that's what it does after you successfully optimize and all the values are back to their normal legitimate values. Not sure if this is just a first boot with a fresh install of Windows issue or not but I can say that on my previous install of Windows 11 Pro I did have this problem in the middle of about 6 months worth of using Windows from that installation. If I could help provide any information or any system logs that you guys would like please just get a hold of me through my email or something and we can figure some things out but this is about all the info I've gathered so far and if I find any more I'll go ahead and post it up on this forum.

0 Likes

Monday the next week. 05/13/2024 UPDATE
I reinstalled Windows from the fresh install, and it worked fine until Windows 11 Pro decided to install some weird windows compatibility driver for my RX 6600 Non-XT. It caused my PC to have never before seen faults like the right click menu for the AMD: Adrenalin Edition Software v24.4.1 from the system tray was stuck at the top left of my screen and was in always-on-top mode. Eventually after being there indefinitely maybe 5 minutes after, it started being there it turned all white and became a blank white, same size as the menu we are talking about, window. I wasn't able to catch it in a screenshot and I certainly tried the Windows shortcut to restart the GPU driver (Windows+Ctrl+Shift+B). It gave me a brief solid green screen which was to be expected while it restarted the driver and when it came back, I tried looking at the metrics and they were all messed up again, same as before the fresh install. A weird side note, Ryzen Master also indicated it was broken or something and it needed to be reinstalled during the same boot that the graphics issue happened but after restarting because the shortcut key didn't work like I needed, it launched just fine just with those messed up numbers. I can still interact with the software and such, but I'll never know what is actually going on with my system until this issue is resolved. This may be an automatic Windows Update issue because that's what happened before anything broke. I never explicitly told Windows 11 Pro to update my GPU but because they sell Windows 11 with the "Yes, install devices automatically." option, I almost couldn't boot since I only have a dGPU and no iGPU. Something I've noticed since the fresh install is waaayyy more stable and overall higher FPS in every game across the board with the same GPU driver that I had before so I'm hoping Windows doesn't break anymore but I guess time will tell. For now, I will try to reinstall Ryzen Master and reboot and unless I notice anything new; I'll wait for an update.AMD Right Click Menu.png

0 Likes

Today is 05/19/2024 and I decided to start messing with my BIOS particularly concerning precision boost overdrive. On the b550 a-pro series motherboard that I have, I had the option for precision boost overdrive set to motherboard limits but when you set it to motherboard it causes something to mess up between the BIOS talking to ryzen master and vice versa. I think this might be one of the issues as to why ryzen master and AMD adrenalin software show incorrect metrics. I think the way that rise and master interacts with the BIOS is what needs to be updated. I was able to fix it so far even in between restarts it's been stable and good but was able to fix by changing from motherboard limits for position boost overdrive in the bios to manual and looking up a proper PPT, TDC, and EDC setting those values as what was found for my current CPU which is Ryzen 5 5600x which now runs at 4.8Ghz max boost and a per core optimization through Ryzen master which undervolts it with negative numbers between -17 and -30 for every core individually. My limits for this CPU in the bios are: PPT 115, TDC 70, EDC 100. I also have a Max boost frequency increment of +200 which has been stable thus far. If I start noticing anymore metric errors I will report back. I know I'm putting a lot of posts in here but I'm trying to do the best to get the information you guys can use to fix the processor and motherboard etc.

0 Likes

My Max boost frequency increment is actually +150 not +200 although I wouldn't be surprised to find some out there capable of +200. And yes, my CPU still maxed out at 4.8Ghz with the boost but the about PC section in Windows 11 still shows 3.7Ghz which is the base stock clock speed and is normal, even after applying the boost. You'll know it's overclocked when you open Ryzen Master or AMD adrenalin edition software and the metrics for CPU clock go over 3.7Ghz.

0 Likes