Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Ryzen Master does not start properly

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am unable to get Ryzen Master to work at all.

Previously, I had a Ryzen 1700x installed and an old version of Ryzen Master running without problems.

I upgraded the CPU to a 2700x and the first thing that happened was that Ryzen Master told me that it was not compatible with that processor.

No problem ... I downloaded the newest version and installed it.

Now, when I start Ryzen Master, it shows me the outline of where a window would be (it is transparent, so I do not know what the contents would be) and then it just disappears, without ever starting Ryzen Master properly.

I updated the Chip drivers and the BIOS to the latest versions.

Sort of at a loss as to what to do now. I do want to set the clockspeed to a constant 4100 Mhz.

My setup:

• Asus MB 370x-Pro / 32 GB RAM / 2 x 1 TB SSD / Win10 Pro 64bit (latest update) / Ryzen 7 2700x

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Greyfang

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Ryzen Master does not start properly

Jump to solution

We have released an updated version of Ryzen Master Tool to address this issue, you can download it here.

View solution in original post

101 Replies
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Jump to solution

Did you reinstall Windows when you changed CPUs?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

No, I did NOT reinstall Windows ... just changed the CPU ... everything else seems to work fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hello,
I got the same problem. But I installed windows fresh. I'm using a Ryzen 5 2600 / x470 Asus Rog Strix F-Gaming / 32 GB DDR 4 Corsair / 500GB SSD Win 10 64 Bit / Rx 580 Nitro+ 8gb.
I updated the bios and installed all drivers. Everything works fine except Ryzen Master. It just starts until i can see a blurry window and then nothing else happens. At first start it stated some problems with Visual Studios Redistributables 2015 (C++). I deinstalled it and afterwards the Ryzen Master installed the Visual Studio stuff but the same problem still occured. I would appreciate some help too.

Kind regards.
Cosmou

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

any error messages pop up when you try to run Ryzen Master?

Check Event Viewer and see if what errors shows up for Ryzen Master?

Save a copy of DXDIAG.txt and take a look at the very bottom of the file for "Diagnosis" and see if Ryzen Master files are showing as having problems.

Try running Microsoft Install/Uninstall Troubleshooter. I attached it to this post. just click on it to download and then run it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

Hello guys !

I just tested with the old Ryzen Master (1.4.0.0728) and this one works perfectly !

But I can confirm that the new version (1.5.1.0862) does not work for me either.

I hope I've helped you guys.

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Thank you for your feedback / input.

The Event Viewer shows errors for Ryzen Master (unfortunately in German) ...

Fehlerbucket 2301847722147529122, Typ 4

Ereignisname: APPCRASH

Antwort: Nicht verfügbar

CAB-Datei-ID: 0

Problemsignatur:

P1: AMD Ryzen Master.exe

P2: 1.5.1.862

P3: 5bfb8e2c

P4: StackHash_1f88

P5: 10.0.17134.376

P6: 60d78cf9

P7: c0000374

P8: PCH_59_FROM_ntdll+0x000000000009AA54

P9:

P10:

Angefügte Dateien:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER99DE.tmp.dmp

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9A5C.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9A6C.tmp.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9A6C.tmp.csv

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9A8C.tmp.txt

Diese Dateien befinden sich möglicherweise hier:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_AMD Ryzen Master_2461acaa3df090f4ca52e7f9a0e5b6c492e068eb_11888a7c_1fcba085

Analysesymbol:

Es wird erneut nach einer Lösung gesucht: 0

Berichts-ID: cd677f5c-1953-43bb-adb8-aaa04b41876e

Berichtstatus: 268435456

Bucket mit Hash: 38da41585cf01d724ff1ce4ebda541a2

CAB-Datei-Guid: 0

And the dxdiag.txt shows the same information (apparently, every time I run Ryzen Master, it adds a record to the DXDIAG).

The Microsoft Tool showed no "errors".

And there are no errors being displayed when I try to run Ryzen Master ... very frustrating, the whole thing ...

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hello strikeur!
Thank you for your help and this very valuable advice. It worked for me. I tried to update the Ryzen Master 1.4.0.0728 via "check for updates". But after that the same problem occured. So I'll have to stick with the older version for now. Still I hope that this will get fixed. Does someone of you know if the Precision Boost Overdrive is available for Ryzen 2600 with the new Ryzen Master 1.5.1.0862?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, the old version doesn't work with the 2700x ... the program just says that it does not recognize the processor ...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with Ryzen Master not starting. Just running slightly different hardware:

• X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming / 16 GB RAM / 1 x 500 GB SSD / Win10 Home 64bit (latest update) / Ryzen 7 2700x
0 Kudos