Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

StaK_1980
Adept I

Ryzen Master - Cannot start program

Hello There,

I'm currently at my whits end with this program. But before I purge this Program from my OS, again, I'd like to ask around.
No matter what I do, I get the same error message:

Ryzen Master Driver not installed properly.

Driver not installed!

I recently uninstalled and re-installed every driver I could think of and only after a BIOS update it managed to start - FOR ONE TIME - after I rebooted and enabled XMP again (it was reset after the BIOS update), it didn't work. I tried now to disable XMP and it still didn't work.

So I am currently on the border of giving up and writing this piece of ... software off as a bad joke.

Anyone who can probably help me?

My rig:

BIOS Version:F14
CPU:AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
Operating System:Win 10 64-bit
SP:21H2
RAM:G.Skill F4-4000C17D-32GVKB
2x16GB
Drivers installed:AMD energy management: 7.0.3.5
AMD GPIO 2.2.0.130
AMD PSP 5.17.0.0
AMD PCI 1.0.0.83
AMD GPIO (Promontor) 2.0.10
AMD SMBus 5.12.0.38

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Here is the Latest Ryzen Master for your processor for Windows 10: https://www.amd.com/en/support/cpu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-7-desktop-processors/amd-ryzen-7-5...

Use Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool (Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool ) to remove all traces of Ryzen Master program. Then install it again.

View solution in original post

Thank you,

This was not the full solution but it helped me figure it out.
My Ryzen Master was broken beyond repair. Not even this custom windows Uninstall Program could remedy the situation (!). Even after custom uninstall / reboot / reinstall it would still hang.

However, this tool DID allow me to purge any and all drivers and related AMD software. After I deleted ALL AMD software from the machine and after I had manually searched for and deleted all AMD folders, I was able to Start up Ryzen Master.

My best guess at the moment is that some old driver or link may have persisted even after this uninstall process and nothing short of manually deleting all the folders help.

Thanks to you, I'm now able to tinker with the settings on a much more granular level than before.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Here is the Latest Ryzen Master for your processor for Windows 10: https://www.amd.com/en/support/cpu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-7-desktop-processors/amd-ryzen-7-5...

Use Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool (Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool ) to remove all traces of Ryzen Master program. Then install it again.

Thank you,

This was not the full solution but it helped me figure it out.
My Ryzen Master was broken beyond repair. Not even this custom windows Uninstall Program could remedy the situation (!). Even after custom uninstall / reboot / reinstall it would still hang.

However, this tool DID allow me to purge any and all drivers and related AMD software. After I deleted ALL AMD software from the machine and after I had manually searched for and deleted all AMD folders, I was able to Start up Ryzen Master.

My best guess at the moment is that some old driver or link may have persisted even after this uninstall process and nothing short of manually deleting all the folders help.

Thanks to you, I'm now able to tinker with the settings on a much more granular level than before.

Most likely it was a corrupted or wrong Windows Registry but I did forget to mention to delete the created AMD Installation folder at C:\AMD which can cause conflict when installing a AMD driver.

The MS Install/Uninstall Tool removes Registry entries and files and folders if possible.

Great that you figured out and got Ryzen Master to work normally in your PC.

0 Likes
StaK_1980
Adept I

Naturally, the name of Motherboard was capped out...  

Gigabyte B550I AORUS Pro AX

0 Likes

Well if interested here is AMD latest CHIPSET package for your Motherboard B550: https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b550