cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Milky_Xaos
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 5500 Driver

Hi, I'm a new user to AMD just switched from intel and I am having trouble working out how to update the drivers for the CPU I am currently using, I just got the PC but I assume that it will need updating as my nvidia drivers did too, I have gone to the drivers section of the website and input my CPU (Ryzen 5 5500) and I click submit, it then gives me a warning at the top of the screen saying that to install the software my operating system needs to be up to date, which it is as I did all the updates and checked multiple times today and it's fully updated. On top of that it shows me 2 options, windows 11 64 bit and windows 10 64 bit, inside both have an application called StoreMI which I downloaded for my windows 11 version of and it tells me that and I need both a Hdd and ssd to install, so I am confused on what I am supposed to be installing or updating or does windows automatically update it for me ???Screenshot_20221217_201806.pngScreenshot_20221217_201925.pngScreenshot_20221217_201942.png

0 Likes
1 Reply

First your CPU doesn't require any drivers to install. Windows itself installs some special CPU Drivers that can't be updated only after Windows has been upgraded.

AMD STOREMI is similar to RAID. So don't install that program unless you know what you are doing and want to install STOREMI in your PC.

STOREMI is not a driver but a Storage type software to combine your SSD and HDD together. But you need to know what you are doing to install it.

0 Likes