cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

RX 6950 XT - Low FPS - MW2

Hi all,

Having a little issue av just bought a RX 6950 from yourselfs with my old 3060 DLSS on I was getting around 130FPS and with RX 6959 XT no upscaling it’s running at 125 fps floating. I try turn some upscaling on to get more nothing actually seems worst. Am playing at 2K when I set my settings to extream it gives me like 10+ frames but when I drop the quality down it drops the frames and yes this is for warzone.

Ryzen 5 5600x OC 4.8GZ
32gb ram

B550 Tomahawk MB

0 Likes
2 Solutions
schldskjoirz
Adept III

The 5600X is bottlenecking the 5950XT appr. 30%. This might be the reason. For example 5950X + 6950XT+FSR gives around 120-170 fps at ultra/high settings.

As usual, here comes some guesswork... You could try to disable ULPS or set the min mhz 100-200 lower than the max mhz in Adrenalin settings to disable the auto power saving feature. Did you do cmos reset before installing the new gpu? Try also ReBAR on and off. Assuming you have Windows, make sure the gpu power saving is disabled in Power options.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
• Minisforum um790 Pro • 65" TV (HDMI) • Sony 5.1 audio (toslink)

View solution in original post

It’s just warzone buddy. Av. Checked multiplayer and getting around 200 frames on certain maps. Iv ordered a Ryzen 7 5800X3D as its on sale on Amazon  think it’s just warzone sitting around 130 frames. Checked all settings all working fine. Don’t think warzone is optimised for it yet 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
schldskjoirz
Adept III

The 5600X is bottlenecking the 5950XT appr. 30%. This might be the reason. For example 5950X + 6950XT+FSR gives around 120-170 fps at ultra/high settings.

As usual, here comes some guesswork... You could try to disable ULPS or set the min mhz 100-200 lower than the max mhz in Adrenalin settings to disable the auto power saving feature. Did you do cmos reset before installing the new gpu? Try also ReBAR on and off. Assuming you have Windows, make sure the gpu power saving is disabled in Power options.

I was told the 5600x is a good match for the RX 6950 XT, I will check the other settings first then if worst comes to worst upgrade to the 5800X3D hopefully this is a powerful CPU to run them. But il give the others a try. As for installation yes. I uninstalled using DDU and then installed new drivers. Then reinstalled the drivers after removing with DDU for the AMD was my first thought but no still not working. 

0 Likes

It’s just warzone buddy. Av. Checked multiplayer and getting around 200 frames on certain maps. Iv ordered a Ryzen 7 5800X3D as its on sale on Amazon  think it’s just warzone sitting around 130 frames. Checked all settings all working fine. Don’t think warzone is optimised for it yet 

0 Likes

Upgraded to the Ryzen 7 5800X3D and still low FPS on Vondel getting around 140fps 

0 Likes
schldskjoirz
Adept III

........ (deleted)

0 Likes