cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

InMuchPain
Journeyman III

Rx 580 running to 100% then showing a driver issue.

I just recently got a rx 580 for my system. Hooked it up and downloaded drivers. Tried to play a game and it showed a driver issue and if I wanted to report it then it black screened. I then tried again to see what happened and I noticed it tends to shoot up to 100% and come back down. When it does shoot up it doesn't always come back down and when it doesn't it shows the driver error and crashes. I have looked over everything and all seems to be alright. I did also reinstall drivers and seemed to fix the black screen issue but didn't stop the GPU from still utilizing 100%. Screenshot 2023-05-01 221816.png

0 Likes
4 Replies
InMuchPain
Journeyman III

Wanted to try to play a smaller type game so I tried roblox. This is the utilization 4 minutes into a game.Screenshot 2023-05-01 220949.png 

0 Likes
fozan1072
Adept I

More information on the build specs of your computer will be helpful.

0 Likes
Katiera45
Adept I

Have you tired rolling back to the 22.11.2 drivers those seemed to be the most stable to me when i had a 580

0 Likes
Joele
Adept I

Hi, man. 

I've fixed ONLY the 100% GPU usage problem by going to Windows Security and running a Complete Scan, took 10 minutes and found a virus, this one:

Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml

After removing it, the GPU 100% usage issue has been fixed. 
I'd try it, it's worth giving a shot. 

My Specs are:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

GPU: MSI Mech 2x AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT 12GB GDDR6 OC Edition

MotherBoard: ASUS TUF Gaming B450 Gaming Plus

Storage: Crucial SSD M.2 1TB

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600Mhz - 32GB (4x8GB)

CPU Cooling System: Golden Field 240mm AIO Pump

PSU: Asus ROG Strix 850W Gold 80+

0 Likes