cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Yomedic
Journeyman III

RX 580 8GB OC Freezes with sound while fans blow very hard

I purchased this card along with the rest of my PC about 1 year and a half ago, but after 6 to 7 months when gaming everytime the gpu went to 80c the screen would lose signal with sound still going, everytime i would have to force the shutdown by pressing the power button. I tried everything that people said in the internet to fix it, thermal paste, even bought 2 different ones, cleaned the whole thing now i do it every month, tested the other PC parts for any error it, undervolt/underclock, none fixed the issue. Then earlier this week i saw something about removing AMD drivers completely then letting windows install, that did fix the issue, i was finally able to play games without forcefully changing everything to extra low settings to not reach 80c, now it can handle some games on ultra and even go past 80c without shutting down. 

But now it freezes the screen on stuff that didn't have any issue before, i was playing some android pie64 emulator games, and randomly the screen freezes while sounds still plays, having me force the shutdown anyway. i don't know why this happens, it doesn't pass 60c, nor uses a lot of my computer, the only thing i know is that it only freezes like this when i use the Vulkan API since some of the games only work with it, DX and OpenGL makes the games have black screen.

0 Likes
1 Reply
M_RAFFAY
Adept I

I have same issue... IF you find a fix do let me know

ALWAYS HAPPY TO HELP
0 Likes