Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Ashiaa
Adept I

RTX 6950 Timeout and DXGI Error

Good afternoon all, 

So long story short moved from the green team to the red team 4 months ago. Since then have had nonstop issues and cannot play my games. 

Old system

Ryzen 5 5600 X 

16GB of Ram (Corsair Vengeance)

1060 Nvidia card

PSU Corsair 850

Tomahawk B550 MSI

I upgraded my graphics card and also my processor to the AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800X 3D Cache, AM4, Zen 3, 8 Core, 16 Thread, 3.4GHz, 4.5GHz Turbo, 100MB Cache, PCIe 4.0, 105W, CPU I also added more Ram so now I have 32gb. I added water cooling. 

When I got it, I did a fresh install of Windows, updated Drivers, chipset, Bios everything.

I was all excited to play... then Hogwarts would crash on boot up, same as most of my other games. 

I can only play League of Legends at the moment. So I have tried the following now so i can play ESO. 

This is the error "Fatal Error: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED" and the Adrenalin also says Graphcs timed out. 

1. Turned down ram on Bios to 2800Mhz instead of 3600 - That didn't work games still froze on boot up and made a hard drive noise when it's struggling. 

2. Uninstalled Drivers using DDU. (Nvidia and AMD just in case there was anything lingering). Reinstalled AMD Drivers - It worked... however rebooted the next day and it didn't work. ESO would start but then freeze and crash on the Bethesda screen.  

3. Reseated my Graphics card.

3. I did the uninstall and reinstall again yesterday and it works. I did a reboot this morning and it still works... however, I am sure a time-out will occur sometime today. 

Thoughts, or ideas.. should I RMA the card? my partner has the same one and it's fine. 

3 Replies
Ashiaa
Adept I

Yup and here we are again...

"Fatal Error: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED"

and then..

Ashiaa_0-1685361552131.png

0 Likes
Ashiaa
Adept I

Cannot even play League now!

Into the PC goes my boyfriend's old 2070..... 

0 Likes

Iv had same had to roll back the driver 

0 Likes