cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

KashanHashmi
Adept I

Recording just saving video file not microphone file

So I record my videos using AMD software and I use this option called record separate microphone which allows us to record our microphone separately. After the recording we get 2 files one the video file and the second audio file. So the issue here is suddenly I'm not getting the audio file after recording. There is no changes in the settings, just changed my mic recently which is selected in the Audio Capture Device. Here are all the screenshots.

KashanHashmi_0-1696744640791.png

Here in this screenshot you can see all of my settings

KashanHashmi_1-1696744682704.png

This is the folder where I save my recording, as you can see its okay a video file that I recorded right now while typing this post. 

1 Solution
ITheSakxra
Journeyman III

I'm not sure if this will work, but try disabling instant replay

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
converyjanson
Journeyman III

If you were previously able to record separate audio files for your videos but are now facing an issue where the audio file is not being generated, it's possible that there may be a configuration or compatibility issue with your new microphone. Here are some steps to help you troubleshoot and resolve this problem:

1. Check Microphone Configuration: Verify that your new microphone is correctly configured as the default recording device in your Windows settings. Follow these steps:

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the system tray and select "Open Sound settings."
    • Under the "Input" section, ensure that your new microphone is selected as the default device.
  2. Test Microphone: Test your new microphone to ensure it's working properly. You can do this by using Windows' built-in microphone test or by recording a short audio clip with a program like Windows Voice Recorder.

3. AMD Software Settings: Double-check the settings in your AMD software for recording. Ensure that the new microphone is selected as the audio capture device within the AMD recording settings.

4. Software Updates: Ensure that your AMD recording software is up-to-date. Sometimes, software updates can fix compatibility issues with new hardware.

5. Reboot Your Computer: Sometimes, simply rebooting your computer can resolve software-related issues. Restart your computer and try recording again.

6. Check for Conflicting Software: Make sure there are no conflicting third-party audio recording or capturing software running in the background. These can interfere with the recording process.

7. File Location: Verify the location where the separate audio files are supposed to be saved. Check the settings in your AMD software to ensure that it's saving the audio file to the correct location.

8. File Format: Ensure that the audio file format and settings in your AMD software are compatible with your video editing software. Some video editing software may have specific requirements for audio formats.

0 Likes

I got fixed automatically and was recording my mic but few days ago I got the same issue again, tried disabling instant replay and it worked

0 Likes
ITheSakxra
Journeyman III

I'm not sure if this will work, but try disabling instant replay

0 Likes
KashanHashmi
Adept I

Yes tried disabling instant replay and it worked

0 Likes