cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kennyxy
Adept II

Random shutdown AMD Adrenaline 22.5.2

Strange things going on with my AMD software.

i can open it and hit a tab or check drivers or just click to open it and the whole thing goes away .

what can be the problem ? i have a Vega 56 and wondering if i should use an older driver that is more stable ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Windows has been force-updating Radeon drivers without input for months now, its a very annoying problem. Every day there are a couple new posts about it from newly affected users. There are many guides out there to disable driver updates through Windows, either specifically for your GPU - or outright. I can't find the guide for disabling GPU drivers specifically though.

Once you've done this, use DDU to wipe your drivers and reinstall the new drivers with internet disconnected. Windows wont be able to overwrite them any more.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LLALLO
Journeyman III

Me pasa lo mismo en mi Vega56 cuando intento renderizar con Premiere, photoshop, etc. Para usar la gráfica debo bajar la potencia a -40% y ahí es más estable.

Mira esto, quizá sea la causa de los apagados:

Vega56.jpg

¿alguna idea?

0 Likes

Now i use 22.5.1 and it is better. Weird thing is the icon is gone. It is not the windows settings.  and i notice some Amd drivers shows as installed from the microsoft shop. Maybe part as some update? Clearly Amd and both Microsoft are bad at making this work. My pc is good as new but the sapphire vega56. Nvme 2 more ssd and one hdd. On a asus strix b550 f gaming with 32gig ram @3400 MMhz . Somehow 4 pieces do not work @3600 .  cpu is 3600 very stable @4200 Mhz .

With 2 parties installing software for one item it clearly messes things up.

0 Likes

I also had issues with 22.5.2 like grey color rendering issues while gaming and a loss of gpu temps in afterburner.  I had to use the amd uninstaller to completely remove its components in safe mode before reinstalling 22.5.1 to get everything working right.

Windows has been force-updating Radeon drivers without input for months now, its a very annoying problem. Every day there are a couple new posts about it from newly affected users. There are many guides out there to disable driver updates through Windows, either specifically for your GPU - or outright. I can't find the guide for disabling GPU drivers specifically though.

Once you've done this, use DDU to wipe your drivers and reinstall the new drivers with internet disconnected. Windows wont be able to overwrite them any more.