Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AaronTheProtagonist
Journeyman III

Random freezing on desktop

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I have been troubleshooting this issue for a month couple of months now. I think it is linked to the Radeon drivers but I can't be sure. Here is what I am experiencing, randomly my system will start freezing where I can't move the mouse cursor and it will stay stuck for 5 to 10 seconds, then it will begin working again for a minute or two and then it will freeze again. I think that I first noticed this on the 23.9.2 driver, which I know from other forum posts had this issue. I rolled back to 23.9.1 at that time and it continued to happen. I tried DDU and complete reinstall of 23.9.1 and it was still happening, so I decided to wait. Well it was still happening with 23.10.2 and now is still happening with 23.11.1 (I even tried to DDU and reinstall 23.11.1), I have tried running RAM at Base instead of EXPO, I have even completely wiped and reinstalled Windows 11. If I restart my computer then it will function normally for a while and then it will begin to happen again.  I am at the end of my rope, any help would be appreciated.

PC Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950x

MB: Asrock X679E Steel Legend

RAM: 32GB Team Group 6000MHz DDR5

GPU: AMD Radeon 7900XTX

1 Reply
omar_47
Journeyman III

same problem happen to me did you solve it ?

0 Likes