cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Dragspear
Adept I

Random cases of 'No signal' to Monitor

Sometimes when I turn on my PC the monitor shows no signal but my KBM and PC light up and I hear the windows boot sound. I tried using an Anti-sag bracket and a vertical screw thing to hold the huge 6800XT. Now, I'm using a Gen4 vertical mount. It was fine for the first 20 days, now the issue started again.

I am randomly getting the no signal issue with my monitor. Sometimes it works fine for almost the whole day then it is days like today where it is showing no signal randomly after few minutes.

I have tried using HDMI cable, no signal. Connecting my DP and HDMI to MoBo however shows the display. It is not a monitor or a cable issue. I do not think it is a power issue as I am using an 850W PSU connected to a UPS with 865W output. I checked my W consumption on the UPS display to be 500ish W at full load including my monitor. 

During startup when the issue occurs, the GPU RGB turns on, but the fans do not rotate. During a normal boot the fans spins till the windows login page.

I do not think it is a faulty driver as I cannot even see my POST screen which shows 'Gigabyte Ultra Durable'. I read if it is a driver issue still the POST screen should be visible. Before I forget yes, I have firmly placed the GPU to my PCIE slot and heard the click.

I have tried using DDU in safe mode and still nothing. VBIOS is already updated to the latest version. I've used 23.5.1/5.2/7.1 drivers.

My specs:

* Gigabyte B650M GAMING AX

* R5 7600X

* MSI GAMING Z 6800XT

* XPG LANCER DDR5 32GB 6000Mhz

* NZXT C850W

* Acer XV272U KV

Feel free to ask questions. This was my first time building a PC, the first 2 weeks were perfect and now I'm depressed. Because I cannot find any solution to this. Now 2 months, because this issue seems to randomly appear and disappear. I do remember however, when I still used the PCIE port reseating the GPU would solve this issue. I haven't tried this with my vertical mount yet. But then again, that is not a solution. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Dragspear
Adept I

So, I am literally dumb. Whenever the disconnect happened I always checked the white extension cable to my GPU because that was infront of me. Tonight, I opened the back panel to see a single 2 pin PSU cable loosely attached to the white extension cable.

Basically all of my PSU PCIe cables came in 6+2 format. A small pin basically held the 6+2 together to form an 8 pin. 2 cables were properly linked with the extension cables. One cable had a 2 pin slightly loose from the connection. At a glace everything looked fine. When I paid close attention I noticed the 2 pin is not completely pushed in like the 6 pin side.

Power flow:

PSU -> PSU cables (*) -> White extension cables -> GPU

*loose connection

This is probably why I sometimes saw no signal before POST. Or, randomly loose connection. The GPU was getting enough power from the connected pins that's why the RGB kept working. But that loose 2 pin made the GPU switch off and crash the driver.

I'm still skeptical however, if everything runs fine for a few weeks or a month. I'll report back and close this thread. @moRReus Thought I'd let you know. Have a look at your connections. Because it's before POST it's definitely something on the hardware side.

View solution in original post

53 Replies
Dragspear
Adept I

So, I faced the blackout again now. I checked in Event viewer. It showed as a warning. Source: Display. Event ID: 4101.

Display driver amdwddmg stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

People, please check your event viewer after a crash. @amduser_Jb @AMD_cire @AlejandroGonzalez @hardypasina @moRReus 

Mine won't even give me a display. After the driver has been installed no matter what I do [restart, power off then on/ run safe mode] all of those types didn't even give me a display after the logo loading screen disappears. The only way I can see a display is to power off the pc, remove the gpu and power on then microsoft basic display driver takes over and its working perfectly. I go to device manager and let it view hidden drivers I see the radeon display driver and it gives me code error 43 or 41 dunno dont remember somewhere between those two numbers xD. Online driver update didn't help me too.

0 Likes

Well, the first solution I can give(do it with no internet):

1. DDU your system while using microsft basic display driver and shutdown

2. plug your GPU and  install 22.11.2

3. see if it's works

Last solution(still without internet), just format all your Windows and install from beginning. If your GPU not even can display OS installation (that bad luck). or try to install using iGPU first if supported, if all still works normal, then shutdown, plug GPU, start up and install 22.11.2 and hope for the best.

If all normal, then afterwards you get problem again (I assume you turn on your internet), often because windows force you to using their AMD driver and crash the system which we will talk about it later. At least let's see if your GPU can display to monitor normal without any issue.

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes

It happens to me few days ago.

I install Dark Pictures Man of Medan, first time I launch the game, the driver crash(monitor goes black and return back normal) and all my undervolt configuration on AMD andrenalin back to default(AMD notify wattman was crash). But, I really do not know why. I import again same settings of my undervolt, launch the game and it went smooth.

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes
Janne_76
Adept II

Im on 23.7.2 and first time playing after updating drivers, in the middle of a DMZ i got black screen for a few seconds, it recovered itself and i could continue the raid. I did not have this issue on the previous drivers. Decreased max GPU speed from 2424MHz to 2224MHz right after it happened, it has not occurred again. Not sure this is the same issue others are having but this seems to have solved it for me. 

0 Likes
Dragspear
Adept I

I tried using TdrDelay and TdrDdiDelay. Both didn't help.

I underclocked to 2250Mhz and 1050V. Didn't help. @Janne_76 

I tried disabling iGPU. Didn't help.

My display does not recover after a few seconds, just just straight up stops. And displays no signal. The only way to bring up the display is to restart the system.

0 Likes

Check your event viewer for SCEP Certificate enrollment errors. Mine match the exact time the GPU stops showing display. From what I've heard its windows 2H22 or something like that.

0 Likes
amduser_Jb
Adept II

I'm starting to feel hopeless I tried my old NVIDIA GT730 2GB on the latest drivers and windows 10 22h2 with additional and optional updates and install the gpu drivers it worked like a charm as always. Though I can't go max almost all of my games with mods. -_-

0 Likes
moRReus
Journeyman III

Was going fine for 4~5 days and the issue came back again the other day while browsing. It seemed like it was harder to get it going for any length of time. Got it to work all day yesterday after making sure the chipset was up to date and updating my BIOS. 

Started it today and had no video even before post again. Initially switching over to igpu didn't bring up the display until I restarted... kinda at my wits end with this. I'd test my old gtx1080 if I wasn't watercooled. Might have to go back to air just so I can trouble shoot things like this easier if/when they happen. Sounds like I might be replacing something, but I don't even know what yet. 

0 Likes
amduser_Jb
Adept II

This works for me but I'd like to share it here, all you need to do is DUMP your HDMI TO VGA CABLE and go buy yourself a DMI-D TO VGA CABLE and watch the magic. Hope this helps all of you cause I know your pain. -_-

0 Likes
Dragspear
Adept I

So, I am literally dumb. Whenever the disconnect happened I always checked the white extension cable to my GPU because that was infront of me. Tonight, I opened the back panel to see a single 2 pin PSU cable loosely attached to the white extension cable.

Basically all of my PSU PCIe cables came in 6+2 format. A small pin basically held the 6+2 together to form an 8 pin. 2 cables were properly linked with the extension cables. One cable had a 2 pin slightly loose from the connection. At a glace everything looked fine. When I paid close attention I noticed the 2 pin is not completely pushed in like the 6 pin side.

Power flow:

PSU -> PSU cables (*) -> White extension cables -> GPU

*loose connection

This is probably why I sometimes saw no signal before POST. Or, randomly loose connection. The GPU was getting enough power from the connected pins that's why the RGB kept working. But that loose 2 pin made the GPU switch off and crash the driver.

I'm still skeptical however, if everything runs fine for a few weeks or a month. I'll report back and close this thread. @moRReus Thought I'd let you know. Have a look at your connections. Because it's before POST it's definitely something on the hardware side.

I had previously thought to check my power cables going into the GPU previously as well, but they were fine. Though not until reading this did it actually occur to me that maybe I should actually check the cables at the PSU end... surely they wouldn't have moved right? Yeah... some were definitely loose. 

Conveniently enough for testing, mine was giving me the 'no signal' before post today. I shut it back down and snugged everything back up and it came right up next boot. No other changes were made.

I'd say that's a good sign. Hopefully it's just us overlooking a small detail. Doh! 

0 Likes

Any issues?

0 Likes

Still working, no loss of video signal for me since that last post!

0 Likes