cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Littlegrinch
Journeyman III

RaidXpert2 replacing a disk in Raid 10 Arrey

Hi I am running a Raid 10 on a windows 11 machine. When I open RaidXpert2 I see a lot of messages "Medium error on controller 1 channel 4". One of my file directories is unreadable because of this.

So I want to replace that disk in my Raid 10 Array 2. 

1000061741.jpg

I would love to get a step by step instruction to do this in RaidXpert2 (at least for replacing the faulty disk part) given the fact that I am completely new to this. Here are my questions:

1. I assume the faulty disk is the on with 1 4 written after the word Disk hence controller 1 channel 4, right? (see image)

2. How do I have to prepare the newly bought 18TB disk?

3. How do I replace the faulty disk of my Raid 10 Array 2 with the newly bought disk without any Data loss?

4. Is there a way I can retrieve data from that unreadable file directory either before or after replacing the disk?

Your Help is highly appreciate.

PS: I am in the process of backing up the 36 TB so this will take a while...

0 Likes
2 Replies
FunkZ
Exemplar

RAID 10 is fully fault tolerant so you will not lose any data from a single disk failure. However backing up your data is a safe practice before replacing a faulty drive.

Simply power off the system and disconnect the drive on channel 4, then replace it with the new drive and power back on. Once Windows boots and RaidXpert reloads it will take care of rebuilding the array with the new drive.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

Thank you Funkz

does the new drive has to be "initiated" or can I just unwrap the newly bought drive and do what you wrote?

Any help on that? 

As I wrote I am completely new to this and have no clue to the "normal" way or "basic know how" everybody take for granted. I really need more help. 

Best would be step by step instruction.  I already spend 2 days searching for one but what I find is less readable than a law book or more confusing than "Don't Panic!!! A hitchhiker guide to the Galaxy"

0 Likes