cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

epropane
Journeyman III

Radeon software clipping and audio has a delay

I have an issue with the clipping software with radeon software where when I clip a "clip" the audio and video are out of sync and has only started with the most recent update of 23.7.1. Is there any way to fix this issue without separating the audio and video tracks?

11 Replies
NotActuallyOwly
Journeyman III

I have the exact same issue! I've recently "converted" to amd and i've been satisfied up until this point.. Apparently it has been an issue for a long time? There are small temporary fixes such as turning record desktop on and off and stuff, but it's not a 100% fix.. Im losing my mind bc all my clips are ruined... AMD PLEASE ADDRESS THIS!!!!

Watweissich12
Journeyman III

Encountered the same issue and did a little bit of testing.

So far I know the following:

- The problem only occurs on driver version 23.7.1

- The delay gets worse the longer you have instant replay enabled (e.g. 10 minutes of instant replay get 1/2 sec delay, over 1 hour instant replay get a few seconds delay)

- if you change any settings the progression restarts (first normal but it gets worse over time)

- doesn't matter which game or settings you have, always delay

My current solution is to stick with driver version 23.5.2 since there seems not to be this problem. I believe this is a bug with the version 23.7.1 and I hope an AMD employee sees this post so there will be a quick fix.

Windows98
Journeyman III

I'm experiencing this as well. It worked fine up until the latest driver revision (23.7.1).

I've tried monkeying with the settings (changing video encoder, bitrate, etc) and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Something is definitely broken here.

0 Likes
Xseul
Journeyman III

same issue with Rx 590

0 Likes
swipers
Adept I

yeah got same issues audio/video delays after update amd driver 23.7.1

now i rollback driver 23.4.3
RX 580

0 Likes
Watweissich12
Journeyman III

Looked at the recent released notes for 23.7.2

AMD fixed the issue for AVC and HVEC encoder. AV1 encoding is still not fixed, but they are aware of the issue.

0 Likes

yes, after update 23.7.2 the audio desync has been fixed

but audio desync still happens when video recording has finished (1 second delay).

Record in AVC

0 Likes

Hey, I've recently bought an AMD card 7900XT and when recording gameplay, the finished video still has audio delays.  Driver is 23.7.2

Glarus_0-1691492895809.png

0 Likes
hamsta
Adept I

AVC is still broken. Yes it's better than before but I see some desync still.

0 Likes
KittyRawr
Journeyman III

I have AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D ;;

and I also have audio delay when I plug audio directly to my PC. Whether its an audio jack or USB....but when I use bluetooth, it doesn't delay. 

I'm using OBS though and while I don't notice the delay, the recording/stream does...and it progressively gets worse. This needs a fix, badly. 

0 Likes

Well I found the solution that helped me -- I updated my BIOS and AMD Software: Adrenaline Edition. Everything seems to be working fine with no delay; with recording and streaming.

0 Likes