cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Adept I
Adept I

Radeon RX Vega does not meet minimum requirements

My PC had a BSOD a couple of days ago, and after that games switch between just crashing or causing a BSOD.

I did a DISM and SFC, with no errors.

I then decided to use AMD's own cleanup tool, which apparently even deleted the drivers that came with Windows 10.

I then installed the latest Adrenalin version available for my Vega 64.

During the installation, it showed an error about a missing dll for OpenCL, but it completed the installation.

As suggested by the installer, I ran it again, and this time it didn't show any errors.

But now the compability list in Adrenalin shows that my CPU is a low-end, and my RX Vega 64 doesn't even meet minimum requirements on several of my games.

Anyone have an idea as to what is going on?
I have attached my DXDiag, and a screenshot from the Adrenalin software on the Compability page.

bandicam 2020-07-06 21-19-34-220.png

25 Replies
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Radeon RX Vega does not meet minimum requirements

I've been having this exact problem and have been going crazy trying to figure it out. My adrenalin driver suite is telling me my GPU doesn't meet the minimum requirements for games suddenly, and the GPU keeps crashing. In fact just like yours it doesn't even say my exact GPU it just says RX Vega. GPUZ isn't displaying the proper information either. Please let me know if you figure out what's going on. Whenever I load a game my GPU shuts down after a few minutes and stops displaying an image. All I can do at that point is shut it down using the power button. I'm worried the GPU is just dead.

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

Yeah, seems AMD wants us to forget about Vega ASAP.

Probably to go buy their newer less featurefull cards.

They are good at marketing  the fine wine they are "famous" for is DEAD.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Today I have been having one game running non-stop for more than 11 hours without issues.
The only thing I have noticed was different than yesterday, is that today "Radeon Enhanced Sync" was disabled.

Anti-Lag is ON, Chill is OFF, as I always have...

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Glad to hear you worked it out. Unfortunately for me enhanced sync was already off. Ill just have to keep on trouble shooting 

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Well, it worked for that one session. Haven't tested further yet. Also, the compability page still claims that I should upgrade as my Vega isn't powerful enough.

I'll run some tests using 3dmark and Furmark as well as snoop around for a solution to the problem with detecting that it's actually a Vega 64...

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I will also keep trying things out and searching around. If I figure something out I'll post it here. Im glad someone else is having this issue too and it's not just a unique case to me. I've even reflashed the bios on my card with no luck. I had no plans to upgrade yet since I put a water block on it only a year ago. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

So I installed an old RX470 and Adrenalin and GPUZ detected that GPU just fine. Even said it met the minimum requirements for my games. Reinstalled my Vega and I'm right back to being told it isn't powerful enough to play my games. So according to Adrenalin my old RX 470 is more powerful than my water cooled Vega 64...I'm also still getting a black screen and monitor signal loss every time I try to play a game with the Vega card too. Not with the RX 470 though. GPUZ doesn't even properly detect what the Vega 64 is and just says Vega 10. So I'm just starting to think the card quit on me

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

I did a bunch of 3DMark benchmarks on it, and they are actually the best results I have ever had.

Odd thing is that the 3DMark software register it as an "Radeon RX Vega", but when the results are uploaded to the official homepage then it shows as a "Radeon RX Vega 64".

Furmark also gives me good and stable results, and THIS registers the card as a "Radeon RX Vega 64".

The mystery continues... But I am still investigating

Esteemed Contributor III

This, and other reasons was why AMD dumped Raptr/Gaming Evolved. At least then you could choose to install it or not. Saying it is 'inaccurate' is just a part of it...the 'optimal' settings it recommends are either maxed out or severely limited. Just ignore the #amn thing and enjoy your game.

0 Kudos