cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

snowmandk
Adept I

Radeon RX Vega does not meet minimum requirements

My PC had a BSOD a couple of days ago, and after that games switch between just crashing or causing a BSOD.

I did a DISM and SFC, with no errors.

I then decided to use AMD's own cleanup tool, which apparently even deleted the drivers that came with Windows 10.

I then installed the latest Adrenalin version available for my Vega 64.

During the installation, it showed an error about a missing dll for OpenCL, but it completed the installation.

As suggested by the installer, I ran it again, and this time it didn't show any errors.

But now the compability list in Adrenalin shows that my CPU is a low-end, and my RX Vega 64 doesn't even meet minimum requirements on several of my games.

Anyone have an idea as to what is going on?
I have attached my DXDiag, and a screenshot from the Adrenalin software on the Compability page.

bandicam 2020-07-06 21-19-34-220.png

25 Replies
liken789
Journeyman III

I've been having this exact problem and have been going crazy trying to figure it out. My adrenalin driver suite is telling me my GPU doesn't meet the minimum requirements for games suddenly, and the GPU keeps crashing. In fact just like yours it doesn't even say my exact GPU it just says RX Vega. GPUZ isn't displaying the proper information either. Please let me know if you figure out what's going on. Whenever I load a game my GPU shuts down after a few minutes and stops displaying an image. All I can do at that point is shut it down using the power button. I'm worried the GPU is just dead.

0 Likes

Today I have been having one game running non-stop for more than 11 hours without issues.
The only thing I have noticed was different than yesterday, is that today "Radeon Enhanced Sync" was disabled.

Anti-Lag is ON, Chill is OFF, as I always have...

0 Likes

Glad to hear you worked it out. Unfortunately for me enhanced sync was already off. Ill just have to keep on trouble shooting 

0 Likes

Well, it worked for that one session. Haven't tested further yet. Also, the compability page still claims that I should upgrade as my Vega isn't powerful enough.

I'll run some tests using 3dmark and Furmark as well as snoop around for a solution to the problem with detecting that it's actually a Vega 64...

I will also keep trying things out and searching around. If I figure something out I'll post it here. Im glad someone else is having this issue too and it's not just a unique case to me. I've even reflashed the bios on my card with no luck. I had no plans to upgrade yet since I put a water block on it only a year ago. Good luck!

0 Likes

So I installed an old RX470 and Adrenalin and GPUZ detected that GPU just fine. Even said it met the minimum requirements for my games. Reinstalled my Vega and I'm right back to being told it isn't powerful enough to play my games. So according to Adrenalin my old RX 470 is more powerful than my water cooled Vega 64...I'm also still getting a black screen and monitor signal loss every time I try to play a game with the Vega card too. Not with the RX 470 though. GPUZ doesn't even properly detect what the Vega 64 is and just says Vega 10. So I'm just starting to think the card quit on me

0 Likes

I did a bunch of 3DMark benchmarks on it, and they are actually the best results I have ever had.

Odd thing is that the 3DMark software register it as an "Radeon RX Vega", but when the results are uploaded to the official homepage then it shows as a "Radeon RX Vega 64".

Furmark also gives me good and stable results, and THIS registers the card as a "Radeon RX Vega 64".

The mystery continues... But I am still investigating

cplifj
Elite

Yeah, seems AMD wants us to forget about Vega ASAP.

Probably to go buy their newer less featurefull cards.

They are good at marketing  the fine wine they are "famous" for is DEAD.

0 Likes

This, and other reasons was why AMD dumped Raptr/Gaming Evolved. At least then you could choose to install it or not. Saying it is 'inaccurate' is just a part of it...the 'optimal' settings it recommends are either maxed out or severely limited. Just ignore the #amn thing and enjoy your game.

0 Likes

Normally thats exactly what I would do is ignore it but my graphics card keeps losing monitor signal whenever I play a game for more than 5 minutes. That's my main issue. Adrenalin trying to say my Vega 64 isn't enough to play games just coincides with me not being able to actually use my gpu for anything. For some reason the card isn't being properly recognized by my system.

0 Likes

You have the computer power plan set to 'Performance' (not balanced)?

0 Likes

I do. I even downloaded the Ryzen power plan and put that in high performance. Same results unfortunately 

0 Likes

liken789 wrote:

I do. I even downloaded the Ryzen power plan and put that in high performance. Same results unfortunately 

Feel comfortable doing the thermal repair on the card?

Need thermal pads as well as MX-4

0 Likes

I installed a water block on it last year. Temps don't seem to be an issue because with the custom loop I rarely see temps exceed 55C. I've also been monitoring temps like a hawk and my games crash out before the card gets a chance to come to load temps. At first I thought it might be a PSU but I've already RMA'd it for a new one and I'm still having issues.

0 Likes

liken789 wrote:

I installed a water block on it last year. Temps don't seem to be an issue because with the custom loop I rarely see temps exceed 55C. I've also been monitoring temps like a hawk and my games crash out before the card gets a chance to come to load temps. At first I thought it might be a PSU but I've already RMA'd it for a new one and I'm still having issues.

Make and model? I use an Corsair HX1000i to power el rig.

0 Likes

It's and EVGA supernova 850.

0 Likes

liken789 wrote:

It's and EVGA supernova 850.

that should be adequate

check the thermal material on the CPU block to be sure there is not an excessive amount used

0 Likes

CPU paste looks good. Ran a quick Prime 95 test too and temps are stable.

0 Likes

liken789 wrote:

CPU paste looks good. Ran a quick Prime 95 test too and temps are stable.

it may seem counterintuitive but excess thermal paste is bad, the defects its supposed to seal are at the micron level

The Vega graphics are a supported GPU which is supported by 20.5.1 as of the last time I looked

AMD has been slow to deliver a new driver for Windows v 2004

0 Likes

I am wondering if there is a problem with the Vega64 as it should be fine for most all games

0 Likes
snowmandk
Adept I

Just updated the Adrenalin software to 20.7.1...

Amonst the list of fixed issues is this:

• The game compatibility tab in Radeon Software may sometimes show incorrect GPU information for populated games.

But... It didn't work for my card...

Remember though... They added a new bug report tool... Use it

0 Likes

As far as I know, the data to be displayed in the Upgrade Advisor (and, accordingly, the data on the minimum and recommended requirements for games) are downloaded from the Internet. Therefore, even if you install an earlier driver, this will not solve the problem. And if you restrict Internet access for Radeon services, you simply will not see this problem, because data on the minimum requirements will not be displayed. It seems that someone messed up something and devices with the device identifier 678F were simply deleted from the list of devices somewhere on AMD servers. In fact, it’s not even funny when they offer me to “upgrade” my system by installing a Radeon RX 550 4GB instead of Radeon RX Vega⁶⁴

0 Likes
tag75
Elite

same prob with me ?

0 Likes
liken789
Journeyman III

Well in my case my Vega kicked the bucket. I just picked up a 5700XT to hold me over until the AIB versions of the new stuff are out. I'm not having my signal loss issue and Wattman recognizes my GPU again. Not happy about having to buy a new GPU right now as I wanted to ride it out until big Navi comes but oh well. Best of luck to anyone continuing to have problems.

0 Likes

A steam friend with a Sapphire RX 5700 XT also reports no problems

0 Likes