cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jdrobinson314
Challenger

Radeon Driver Settings not coming to foreground when opening.

Every time I open the driver setting, it stays in the background, behind other windows. It never opens in the foreground like a normal windows program would.

Windows 10, 1809, build 17736.316

5 Replies

Is 'always on top' on/off' ? 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

I have that box unchecked in the settings menu. Checking the always on top Icon has exactly that effect. I don't want to stick it on top of everything - it should behave just like any normal window or program.

It seems to do whatever it wants to - I just noticed that when initially opening it, it's not in the foreground like a typical program would be. If I have some window open, then click my background to open Radeon setting from the desktop context menu or even the task bar widget ( tray icon ), then the program launches below all the other windows. And I have to click the task icon for it to become active and in the foreground. So it's basically opening in the background.

What's weird it that it doesn't always do this after running the system for a while, its behaviour changes for whatever reason. However, on first booting up and launching a bunch of windows, it never fails, every time I launch Radeon settings the first time, it opens behind all the other windows.

Obviously checking the box fixes the initial problem - but it creates another one for me.

0 Likes
edmondvonersung
Adept III

Also noticed that, it has been happening since a long time, looks like no one cares about it but it's very annoying.

The "Always on top" setting is not a fix, it will make the window appear always over the other ones.

Wasn't suggesting 'always on top' as a fix (I know how that works).

One extra click on the taskbar icon (with always on top off) brings it forward. 

Is it a bug or by design ?, perhaps ask http://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

That is probably the best way to get a definitive answer on it.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Such obvious bugs should have been fixed since a long time ago, they clearly don't care about quality anymore.

I'm not going to report bugs anymore, they don't care about them, at least i never seen anything that could make me think they *care* about it.

0 Likes