cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Sentex
Adept I

Radeon Adrenalin 23.9.2 FIX!!! (UPDATE)

Im running into a problem with Radeon Adrenalin 23.9.2, after the update/install, if i open up any webbrowser, "Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge" all webbrosers will after short time freezes for a few seconds.
i have tried all thinks, deleted %tempt% files, i have run scn /scannow"
i have tried windows clean installation, and all chipset drivers fresh install everything.

i tired hardware acceleration on all webbrowsers, nothing seems to work.

AMD RX 6950XT Nitro+

Ryzen 5 7600X

16GB ddr5 6000mhz cl32

Asrock B650E pg riptide wifi.

seasonic prime GX 1000W

(UPDATE) (UPDATE) (UPDATE) 

ALL MY PROBLEMS IS NOW FIX!

i ddu the driver and all other drivers to my pc, even mouse and keyboard driver, then i boot to normal windows (whitout) drivers to anything.

i redownlaoded the driver but from Guru3d.com after i bootet back to safe mode with "wifi" installed the driver and boom! it is working with the new drivers now!

hope i can help some of you guys aswell, i have spend all night almost 12 hours to figure it out now i can sleep!! 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-23-9-2 THIS IS FOR RX Radeon™ RX 7900/7800/7700/7600 Radeon™ RX 6900/6800/6700/6600/6500/6400  Radeon™ RX 5700/5600/5500/5300

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-23-9-2-polaris-vega THIS IS FOR THE OLDER Polaris and vega GPU Radeon™ VII Radeon™ RX Vega Series GraphicsAMD Radeon™ Pro Duo Radeon™ RX 500 / Radeon 500X Series Graphics Radeon™ RX 400 Series Graphics

41 Replies
IRazorsEdgeI
Journeyman III

I'm having a similar problem with my rx 6750 xt, it started after the latest patch as well, it doesn't seem to happen 100% of the time, but when it does it's almost impossible to navigate the computer, I've noticed that most of the times it happened to me, I had Steam opened in the background or when the app was opening, so I guess it has something to do with chromium.

I've disabled hardware acceleration on chrome and so far it did not lock up as it was doing before.

I have tried to disable hardware acceleration but it still does the same thing.

i uninstalled all program aswell with new windows installation. I can game COD MW2  many hours play CS2 aswell, but as soon i open google chrome i will freezez for 2-5sec i can open or search after that time, and it will do it right away again. soo the problem only shows when i want to be on youtube or anything on any webbrowsers...

monriki
Journeyman III

I have the same problem and it's strange that no one else reporting this elsewhere. I've got 6800 (non XT) , 5700X, Gigabyte X570 Pro, win10. I've reinstall drivers a couple times with DDU, checked windows files integrity with scn /scannow , checked BIOS settings, windows settings, Adrenalin settings, stress test GPU, run a couple games. Games run fine, problem only in windows

Screen freezes while using browsers(firefox, edge). I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with power managing while going idle and back. Memclk suck at 0 when display freezes. So as a temporal workaround I've enable manual VRAM tuning is adrenalin settings and somehow it worked (almost) .

HEY MATE check my update on my POST, i just got everyting to work normal again.

i had use more then 12 hours, but finnaly it is all working again, see my post in the buttom, where you can follow my steps.

hope it will help you out

jmag1988
Adept I

Back to 23.9.1 and all works well.

buzarini
Adept I

Version 23.9.2 is based on branch 23.20. The first test UWP version from branch 23.20 was released on May 5th. And there they discovered a problem with friezes due to the browser, but AMD ignored this problem.
5 months have passed and they still haven't fixed the error.
Microsoft Edge造成系统异常卡顿 - Microsoft Community

jardelsf
Journeyman III

My computer start freezing for some seconds when browsing with Chrome or Opera, right after the update to version 23.9.2.

Disabling FreeSync at my monitor OSD resolved the issue.

this is the way , at least as a workaround .

Masano
Journeyman III

Same issue here, x570tomahawk 6900xt and 5800x3d. Roll back to 23.8.2 fix for me.

Triplexbee
Adept I

Another sufferer of this bug here. I have just disabled hardware accel and it hasn't reoccurred yet.  6950XT.

i just made a post on this and found that disabling hardware acceleration was a work around for this issue. i also sent a ticket to amd, hopefully it will be addressed in the next driver update.

it is not for all users that hardware acceleration turned off will work, for me that did not help

but roll back one driver, and now all things are fine.

i did tried the new one again today, but still same problems.. 

buzarini
Adept I

phanupankyo
Journeyman III

My 6600xt has the same problem after update 23.9.2 the browser keep freezing when opening any browser. Disabling freesync is work for me. Hope I can enable it through next update but when?

AMD_cire
Challenger

once again,

All hail 22.11.2

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
Unforgotten
Journeyman III

I have the same problems. When i open VLC Media Player or Chrome or YouTube. 

I have the TUF Gaming RX 6800 XT 

Rollback to Adrenalin 23.8.2 fixed the problem for the moment.

I hope they fix the software fast.

crystalyser
Adept III

Is now the Hardware acceleration BUG back again or the Freesync bug?!?!

Ryzen7 5800X 4,95ghz; LLC3; 420mm Liquid Freezer2; Corsair RGB Pro SL 32gb/2 - 3600mhz CL18; Sapphire RX6800 Pulse OC; Asus XG27AQ 165Hz; MSI X570 Gaming Plus PPT:137W EDC:135A TDC:95A; BeQuiet! PP 730W
Fil144
Journeyman III

The same thing on my 6800 XT. I had to DDU the drivers (even the newer version from 3DGuru didn't work) and roll back to 23.8.2. Everything is stable since then.

Avishay642
Journeyman III

I had the same issue, did DDU and installed the 23.9.1 version and everything good so far.

woodyhxc
Adept I

Same here, as soon as I installed Adrenaline 23.9.2 for my 6950XT, my whole system freezes when I open any web browser with Hardware Acceleration On ( I have Edge and Brave installed, both are chromium-based and have the same issue), I disabled acceleration in Edge browser via RegEdit and it opened without issues, but that causes laggy video players on youtube etc.  So I decided to uninstall 23.9.2 with DDU and install 23.9.1 back, problem no longer occured. Today I tried the 23.9.3 and same problems, so it seems culprit is in whatever branch of drivers these last two releases use.

Try it temporary Workaround:

disable Freesync in driver/monitor and hardware acceleration in browser

Seems new branch 23.20 have agressive energy saving issue, hope they fix it soon as possible. Or just temporary return to 23.8.2-23.9.1 on old branch

lavisa
Adept I

I have a very similar issue with 6750 XT. System freezes, especially when using browser & watching videos. Never had anything like this before and all this started after 23.9.2 update.

Or could be that the latest Windows CU has something to do with this.

it is all down to the driver, and the new 23.20 branch is just more focus on the newer 7**** gen gpu, still it is soo anyoing to set and wait for a stable driver, but the only thing you can do right now, is to just install 23.8.2 it is 100% stable for these issues

IvanR
Journeyman III

Had same issue there. I've being trying to find the solution for days now, i'm glad i've found this post there and even a temporary solution cause of you guys. I hope it will be fixed next driver patch cause latest drivers have good gaming optimizations for the latest games that did come out and its a shame to not be able to use them cause of the broswer freezes that are a serious issue.

oa127
Adept II

Glad you found a fix

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus, (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Trident Z RGB, AMD Radeon RX 6600
makarovision
Journeyman III

I have an RX 6600, it is freezing on videos and in the browser, I am using an older driver to avoid problems

iakobei
Adept I

Hi guys,

I've had this problem ever since the mid august. I DDU-ed the driver and am at 23.8.2 but it didn't solve the issue. The computer just keeps freezing randomly sometimes after 3 hours sometimes after 15 minutes requiring me to manually restart the computer. It sometimes also uninstalls Adrenaline Software (I usually know it by fans being louder and by monitor resolution being lower). And I don't really do anything special - browsing internet or watching videos. It's super annoying and I don't know what to do as I'm not all that great with computers.

AMD RX Vega 64 Saphire

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

B450 AORUS ELITE

KINGSTON HYPERX FURY DDR4 32 GB RAM

EDIT

It seems to be mainly when watching YT videos. I've been editing today for about an hour and no freezes. Could it be somehow YT-related?

I also had it when watching a video on VLC.

Also happens with Board Game Arena : )

lavisa
Adept I

After downgrading to 23.9.2 around one week ago (with DDU uninstall in safe mode) there have been no issues. I now feel certain that this is a driver bug.

Alexandros58
Journeyman III

Guys I installed 23.9.3 yesterday and after restart web browsers would make my computer freeze so badly.I m on Radeon Rx 6800

I run memtest and stuff only to find out that after a system restore back to the day before yesterday (version 29.8. something )would solve all my problems.Read that 23.9.1 works as well

Edit: now that we know it's a driver issue no need for system restore.Just downgrade on 23.9.1

Do we have any announce from the company on the problem ?

no news yet (at least not that i know of, but the freezing issue is being consolidated to this thread:

Re: Browser Freezing, Lock Ups and Black Screens w... - Page 2 - AMD Community

you can keep updated on the topic over there.

djasthma
Adept III

Update on the issue, and this is a strange one.

So is you scroll up on this thread, you will see that i tried the preview driver and the freezing still happened. as we know it is related to hardware acceleration and freesync from everyone input on the matter. Many have noticed (including myself) that turning off hardware acceleration in your chosen browser and/or freesync would stop the freezing (this is a work around, as one should not be turning off the features of their product to have it work). I have also noticed, sometime the freezing would happen immediately after the instalalltion or after around 24 hrs, which i think think some "setting" or condition must be met for it to trigger (which you will understand later why i think this) as not everyone who uses it experiences this issue.

now here is the strange part starts, i decided to reinstall the driver, thinking maybe something happens during the installation or there is a setting on my pc which is not cleared when reinstalling, i decided to target freesync as it is a global setting and is "managed" in three places (my monitor can switch on freesync, windows in the default graphics settings and in the adrenalin application) and the issue is not only see in the browser as i have reported freezing in the settings application.

After my first attempt with the preview driver, i used ddu to roll back to 23.9.1 (last driver without the issue). Then i switched off varriable refresh rate in the windows settings application and put it back on, trying to see if this would "reset" a migrated setting or something. Then i switched off freesync on my monitor (an ultrawide 144hz monitor), which would automatically switch off freesync in the adrenalin application and remove the variable refresh rate option in the windows settings app. Now preceeded to update to 23.9.3, then to the AFMF Preview driver for my RX6000 gpu without unistalling the previous drivers (just usingthe ones i manually downloaded a while back and hitting install).

After all this, did not see any freezing, no crashes, nothing, which is expected as freesync was still off, so i decided to switch it on on my monitor, which brough back the option in windows settings and switched it on in the adrenalin application. As i have stated before, sometimes it took just over 24 hours for the issue to manifest, but it has been over 48 hours and no issues, multiple restarts (shut downs and restarts) no problem. i have a youtube video playing a second window as i type this and not a single freeze or crash.

To conclude, I dont know if this is a fix, still to early to say, but given the preview driver is the latest driver with the latest version of adrenalin i shall stick to this and keep you all posted if it happens again (not to meting how AFMF was made and how it interacts with freesync and v-sync. If this is the "fix" then we know some how the freesync setting is the issue which has a knock-on effect on the hardware acceleration. So maybe try it and see if it works for you.

the steps i followed:

1. DDU
  2. While offline (no internet connection), Install 23.9.1
  3. Ensure free sync is on (mon your monitor, windows settings and Adrenalin)
  4. Disable freesync on your monitor
  5. Update to 23.9.3
  6. Update to AMF Preview driver
  7. Restart, test to see if there is any freezing
  8. Enable Freesync in your monitor,
  9. see if freesync in adrenalin and windows settings are on 
djasthma
Adept III

UPDATE TIME:

Apparently, they have fixed the freezing in 23.10.1 which was released today. i shall test it now (moving from the AFMF Preview driver). I shall post an update if anything happens. fingers crossed. 

Update on the update: Settings still reset on reboot due to the Windows 11 update, but we shall see what happens.

yurikokolev
Adept III

i been using it for a couple of hours and until now everything is working well

yurikokolev_0-1697056510000.png

Ryzen 7 5800x3D - Powercolor RX6800XT Red Devil - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX - MSI x470 gaming plus - Win10 - AMD A10-7850K - 16Gb PowerColor RedDevil RX580 8GB and also Phenom 9950 Black Edition 8gb Ram - HD7870 2GB
ShadowSama
Journeyman III

Yes, it seems that in 23.10.1 this problem no longer exists.

iakobei
Adept I

23.10.1 doesn't seem to be available for my AMD RX Vega 64 Saphire (neither does 23.9.3). What am I suppose to do now? 

German_AC
Adept II

I'm having the same issue with my RX6600, had to roll back to 23.9.1, since either 23.9.2 and 23.9.3 make chrome and vlc unusable, with so many freezes and sluggishness. 

I can't believe no one in the review media is commenting on this issue.

Artificial intelligence is no match for human stupidity.
Sentex
Adept I

Soo yeah. They fix all the freezing problems in the newer drivers, in that case the newest was 23.10.1.. soo that got me a vac ban in cs2, the new one 23.10.2 seems stable in the freezing stuff, but now i noticed alot of flikker and black screens in starfield and other games. I am thinken about just return the gpu, buy nvidia or try out intel arc. I now have had this gpu for about 6 Month an i had alot off problems with it. I just want a stable system. I switched out with a 3080 i had laying aroundt.. so atleast my pc is stable now. But it is Hard to watch my bautyfull 6950 xt shapphire nitro+ just lay on my desktop and age...

0 Likes